Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Happy for a change. But only for now.

sjr

Being happy is a strange feeling but yesterday I got the good news from work I don't have to go to Barcelona for 12 days in September or October.

Your happy your not going to Barcelona I can hear you ask.

Yes Barcelona is a beautiful city but 12 days on an industrial 30 mins outside Barcelona training from 830 to 1800 is not my idea of fun plus once trained my area of work could/would increase to include Scotland and watching the airport chaos on the news last night I am happy.

So September I can now pay the balance on the cottage we booked for a week in Harlech with the mutts and October now booked a long weekend in Llandudno without the mutts.

This happiness is however only short lived as I may have to go in January. 

• Like 3

The prospect of a 12 day trip soon grows dim when the harsh realities start to shine through eh?

A similar feeling for meself a couple of weeks ago. A trip to Sweden was on the cards for one of our trucks, I was asked to go and said OK... until I realised that instead of driving to Sweden the old way, it would be a ferry trip from Immingham for 26 hours to Gothenburg, a twelve mile drive to the delivery point, unload and reload the trailer, and back to the ferry for another 26 hour crossing.

Now I dont mind ferries, but being cooped up on a boat for the best part of 52 hours was not my idea of fun...awfully glad when the job was passed over to a sub contractor ! 

I used to relish going on a trip lasting a few days or even a week or more. The longest I was away from home was 11 weeks while on an exhibition tour starting in Spain and ending in Finland. I now prefer nothing more than three days away, and even if the Hotel Scania is great to live in, my own bed gets the vote time and time again :happy:

Edited by Denis
  • Like 1

OhI can see why that  Swedish trip got kicj=ked into the long grass by you Denis .. My idea of hell would to be on a ferry, full stop !  They always look ready to capsize and I have nigtmares about drowning in an upturned boat  or car. I am so grateful the channel tunnel was built !:16_relieved:

• Like 1