Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sunset

Black Pearl

Nipped down to the riverside in South Shields at teatime to catch the sunset.

This is our new library and centre for the written word....called The Word. Its meant to look a little like the pages of a book and I building I need to photograph some more as its amazing inside and out...
The Word Web.jpg

Spin 180°c from the above shot and you get this view..
Riverside Web.jpg

Tis a grand view of the Tyne.....#2. You've captured that just at the right time ... too much earlier and the lights would  not have had the impact ... too much later and you'd have lost all that lovely detail on the opposite bank .The Library looks a landmark  design ... great to see some innovative architecture...especially when you see what happened in the sixties and seventies in so many of our cities ..You caught  the view opposite in the glass ...  a cool set Beepy.

Shields is a bit of a backwater (I could call it others things but this is a family group) so many of the locals are a little too...local...if you catch my drift. There was a lot of resistance to a new library and the town Facebook groups are filled with people moaning that its a waste of money as they never use a library - something they seem remarkably proud to tell others for some baffling reason. Not only that but they hate the design as they don't like its modern styling, resistance to change is strong in the area and they feel its in the wrong place.

I on the other hand think a new library, reference library, resource centre for schools, technology centre with dozens of free to use computers, display space, conference space, exhibition space and cafe is a brilliant addition to the town and as a family we use it regularly. I know taste is personal but personally I love the look of the building. Yes its modern but the materials are good and I love the round design with 360 views - there is even a roof top terrace. To be honest I'm not sure why I haven't taken more pictures of it but this will become my project over the next few months.

It looks good to me also, lots of potential for interesting images and angles/close ups. I can see why though people wouldn't like it, it's quite modern looking and maybe stands out against the older buildings - I like it personally.

Archived