Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

STREET STRANGERS

FUJI

The sun came out this morning so light and conditions were good for Street Photography.

Here, I demonstrate what a £15 Vintage Film lens can do if correctly manually set  ....to Zone Focus.......All AF F 8 pre-focused to a minimum distance of circa 7 feet which gave me circa 20 ft in which to literally...Point and Shoot, at S 125-160.

I am beginning to enjoy this kind of Photography....constantly having to be aware of camera settings and distance from subject and not relying on AF.....I obviously get a lot of rejects, but when it does come together it pleases me greatly.

So impressed am I with my Cheap as Chips ex Soviet Russian lens, that I have ordered another one, another post-war Leica Copy a 55-2.8 FED INDUSTAR...you just take pot luck on Ebay and hope that the purchased lens functions as it should....if not...they make wonderful display items....less than £20 delivered can be money very well spent.

I have found a reliable seller in Lithuania, orders are delivered well within a week.

Comments and Observations very welcome.

FUJI

P.S. Yes! the chap reading the paper, has been blue tinted:

Peed OFF! mono.jpg

SMART STRIPES WITH TESCO BAG  mono.jpg

PICKING A WINNER mono blued.jpg

COUNTING CHANGE mono.jpg

9 hours ago, Denis said:

Well, they definately have a 'feel' to them fuji. Are you still using Silver Efex II for your mono's ?

Thanks Denis,

Yes Silver Efex is the only software I use now, Topaz didn't transfer from my  old system......it took me some time to master the foibles of SFX, but have got their now, my ....Contrast Grading....using CS6 comes into play too, as does final sharpening.

This set, was taken as a test of my cheaply, but good looking lens and my manual settings skills, the latter are improving daily, so will continue.

I always have my eyes open for the odd and interesting, doesn't always happen in a small town like ours.

I will revert to AF lenses every so often, because I enjoy the speed once camera settings are right.

I am awaiting delivery of another vintage  £15 lens, a FED  INDUSTAR 55-2.8 which should also give interesting results.

FUJI

Just had a phone call from my Leica owning buddy ( just acquired a newer model) at very short notice, we will both be in Stratford-Upon-Avon for a two hour shoot very soon.....I won't take a bag of lenses, but just this cheapy Russian one, to put it through its paces.

It is good to restrict yourself sometimes....it brings out the creativity.

FUJI 

Archived