Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

la rose artificielle

kev7d

I don't know how you do it Kev, but your post processing is something different, it ozzes quality and finish that I don't seem to be able to achieve.....

'I can't recall........Have you shared your secrets on here previously?

Do I remember right that you use Lightroom?   could I achieve similar results by using PS CS6?.....not to copy you, but to experiment around the methods.

FUJI

FUJI / Denis

For this kind of stuff I tend to do some work on the RAW in Lightroom or PS. I think this is likely the usual stuff. Setting white / black points, tweaking white balance etc. For the shot above I then used a mix of NIK Colour efex pro filters to just tune in to what I think looks good. This can amount to 10 different filters all giving a slight change but collectively they add up to something appealing.  I would be lying if I could tell you exactly which ones as I tend to work from scratch. Sometimes I will not use NIK and play with Topaz in a similar random way. Every shot needs a different treatment in my opinion. 

This one had a very similar approach using a mix of NIK and Topaz in the workflow:

26895402910_c59505c0bc_b.jpg 

I like to try an add a degree of "art" to this type of image but keeping it real too. I will often park something up for days if it is not working out and return and start again. I will be happy to keep a note of what I do the next time I tackle this kind of image.   :) I do literally just make it up as I go along. Good light on the subject always is a factor.

9 hours ago, Denis said:

Thanks Kev,

I do have the Nik addons but not experimented with them much yet.

I use NIK and Topaz on some images. The trick is to use them lightly in my opinion, Topaz in particular. I always consider feedback. I may not always agree with another's opinion but I consider all comments. I try and use the feedback to improve as I am always learning. I think this is probably more important than anything. If I get no feedback on an image, it is harder to improve what I do? :) I think it is so important to tell someone what you like and what you don't like in an image.

I have read a few things about Topaz on here, no idea what that is. It is not amongst the menu's on Lightroom or the Nik add ons that I can see.

I would like to see a section on here on how to do things in laymans terms, Some of the Adobe Lightroom tutorials leave me cold when I watch them. I dont use photoshop.. and terms like 'dodge' and 'burn' that some here use in posts has no meaning to me whatsoever!

I know what you mean. I have spent several years learning about PS and still have loads to learn. This education has not been without its headaches.

Topaz can be used as plugins for both LR and PS. Whilst I like NIK the Topaz software is even better in my opinion. But it is very easy to go over the top with it.  NIK and Topaz, whilst being simpler to use than PS, they both need practise to get the best out of them. Moderation is also required.

Topaz is a separate set of add-ons made by a different manufacturer to Nik (which is Google). Nik Efex are now free, but Topaz are still fairly costly. To be honest, they could start to lose some custom with the free Nik stuff, as there probably isn't so very much that Topaz can do that Nik can't.

Again, I guess it personal choice Chris. What I do know is that I like to use both and have never stopped using one in favour of the other. The user has some excellent tools with either of them.  

9 hours ago, kev7d said:

Again, I guess it personal choice Chris. What I do know is that I like to use both and have never stopped using one in favour of the other. The user has some excellent tools with either of them.  

It may also be to do with the fact I only have Topaz Adjust and Topaz B&W (the B&W isn't a patch on Nik Silver Efex) so there may be other features I've not seen.

1 hour ago, Kobione said:

A lovely gentle image Kev - I'm about to start my 'learning curve' with Lightroom and PS, and I expect it to take me a while!!

Thanks for the feedback.

The learning never stops, not for me at least. ?

Archived