Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Raptors

Mitch

A couple of weeks ago I went along to a Raptor Day that a friend helps run. It is the first time I had done anything like this and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it, there was only a couple of us that went, so you weren't fighting for position to get the best shot/angle. 

First 2 images are of a Male Merlin, such a beautiful bird and surprisingly small.

Raptor-day-294Atipf.jpg

A  brilliant set Mitch.....love Raptors.

I follow the progress of the  pair of Peregrine Falcons  which  nest every year on a high ledge  on the University  Nottingham Trent building....just google them for live streaming video 24/7.

Also,  my neighbour's and I are delighted that, our local Buzzard s seemed to have increased in number, this spring, fir the past three weeks, we are enjoying spectacular flying displays from three , possibly siblings from last year's nest to the rear of the house.

This time, they are flying  over the pool and park opposite the front.

FUJI

1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

Some great shots there Mitch, don't think I've ever seen a Merlin

Thanks Geoff, was a first for me too, such a beautiful little bird, I could have spent the entire day just photographing him.

1 hour ago, FUJI said:

A  brilliant set Mitch.....love Raptors.

I follow the progress of the  pair of Peregrine Falcons  which  nest every year on a high ledge  on the University  Nottingham Trent building....just google them for live streaming video 24/7.

Also,  my neighbour's and I are delighted that, our local Buzzard s seemed to have increased in number, this spring, fir the past three weeks, we are enjoying spectacular flying displays from three , possibly siblings from last year's nest to the rear of the house.

This time, they are flying  over the pool and park opposite the front.

FUJI

Thanks FUJI, I keep forgetting that they have a video camera on the Peregrine nest site in Nottingham, will go bookmark it in a momant while it is fresh in my mind lol.

Buzzards seem to be making a good come back around the UK , I was fortunate enough to see one at Rufford Abbey a couple of months back, and even more amazed to see it hunting worms, I mentioned this to the Falconer on the day and was quite shocked that this is quite normal, and that they also eat anything that moves ie insects and the like.

Would love to as close to them as you are, although I fear it would be too much of a distraction while I was driving my bus lol.

1 hour ago, CanonChrissy said:

Lovely portraits here - I like the owl close-up best

Thanks Chrissy, I think that shot was taken on my 105mm Macro lens, so that should give you an idea as to how close she was letting me get to her, such a beautiful little thing up close.

1 hour ago, Korky said:

A lovely set of images - the Barn Owl is the top shot for me. Wonderful!

Korky

Thanks Korky..... It's strange most people tend to favour the Barn Owl pic, yet for me I am torn between the Long eared and the Merlin...all beautiful animals though.

Whata fantastic set Mitch ... They are just stunning in their clarity  but that  Merlin is just the MOST beautiful bird I think i have ever seen  The second shot is just exquisite .... He /She  is  just looking at you as if to say ... mirror mirror on the wall.. who's the prettiest raptor  of them all . The most  stunning colouring. Well done you ..

10 minutes ago, Judy said:

They're all really super images, Mitch, but that second Long Eared Owl is a fantastic shot - she's really scarey and funny at the same time  :thumbup:

Thank you Judy lol...... Here is another close up shot that might less scary lol

Raptor-day-874Atipf.jpg

47 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Whata fantastic set Mitch ... They are just stunning in their clarity  but that  Merlin is just the MOST beautiful bird I think i have ever seen  The second shot is just exquisite .... He /She  is  just looking at you as if to say ... mirror mirror on the wall.. who's the prettiest raptor  of them all . The most  stunning colouring. Well done you ..

Thank you Polly and yes he is a stunner... I did forget myself at one point and moved my finger in for a tickle lol.... He quickly reminded me that you can look but can't touch lol

3 hours ago, Clicker said:

I know how self deprecating you are Mitch ... and I'm sure we won't be bored  but if you have some flight  pics I for one would love to see them ... ..

Just a quick edit for you....this was taken on my Sigma 105mm Macro lens, so bit of a hefty crop

Raptor-day-1043tipf.jpg

Archived