Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A kerfuffle over a kertoffel

It's all beyond me, even Kevin's web site leaves me puzzled. Why? :ermm:

That said, an image is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, Kevin has put himself out there and built his reputation from the unusual, as have many before him. Not my taste, however.

Leaves me thinking of three statements 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder    :-Plato 

In the world of art its not how good you are its how well you are connected  :- unknown

A fool and his money should always be parted  :- Jack Petty (second hand car dealer from my youth ) you may know of him Phil  

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, fuzzyedges said:

Jack Petty (second hand car dealer from my youth ) you may know of him Phil  

Know (knew) him very well indeed, did quite a lot of work on his house in Hook Road back in the early eighties. Keith, Jack's son, still runs the garage.

He was quite a character     I have many tales of him 

Not least stopping his garage being demolished for re development by trying to get it as a listed building due to an ancient sea mans lock up being there 

How he succeeded in stopping the re developers i dont know but I assume the garage is  still there in all its glory 

barking mad to pay 750k for that but he's a businessman that has made the money so who are we to tell him where to spend it. As for some having too much and others having none if we all had the same no one would train for 7 years to be a vet if they got paid the same for working the till at tesco

4 minutes ago, NannyFerret said:

I have a big onion that is starting to shoot. Do you think I would stand a chance with a shot of it?

If you have or access to well healed but slightly unbalanced acquaintances you stand a very good chance of fleecing one or two of them  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Richard said:

barking mad to pay 750k for that but he's a businessman that has made the money so who are we to tell him where to spend it. As for some having too much and others having none if we all had the same no one would train for 7 years to be a vet if they got paid the same for working the till at tesco

That wasn't my point Richard. I clearly didn't say everyone should be paid the same. Nevertheless, to be able to spend 3/4 million on a VERY ordinary picture when ... etc etc.

Such a good image that Korks ... Liked it the first time round ... ...Whilst I  like quite a few of the photos of  Kevin Abosch... The Potato does nothing at all for me ...and is maybe memorable ONLY for being mundane  IMHO  Give me your sprouting Onion any day !...

Well done Korky......your onion beat that potato after an apeel, and after many protestors chipped in with positive comments..............yours is a very crisp shot with a beautiful Arabesque Composition.

A mashing effort all round I say. ??

FUJI

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Well it doesn't anything for me either and to my eyes not wotyh 750k for me there wasn;t enugh space around the top.

To be fair to Kevin,  there was quite a good deal of space around the said potato in the original. It was centred - just that the BBC were cutting corners - see http://www.kevinabosch.com/pg02.html

I wonder what variety it was :ermm: