Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I now own an L lens :)

after my discussion a few weeks ago about upgrading my gear I syumbled across a Canon 70-200 F4 L in cash generator of all places!

they were asking £329, I knocked them down to £300 on the phone, flew over there, tried it out in the shop, I instantly fell in love with it, the focusing is so fast!

to say I'm a happy bunny....  I nearly went for a 2nd hand Sigma 70-200 F2,8 but this was too good a deal to pass up.

all I need to do now is wait till april and upgrade my well used ageing Canon 1100D it's getting to be a pain being so slow!

• Like 2

Nice one, I'm looking at buyin a 70-200mm f4 L IS USM, I already have a Canon L series lens the 24-105mm f4 L USM and it's rarely off my camera, I've found it great for almost everything except a longer reach or macro, but then I have the Sigma 150-600,, for long stuff and then Canon 100mm f2.8 and the Venus 60mm Lens for macro stuff,

For cameras, have a look at the Canons 750 and 760 around £400-500, I ony have the 100d, fairly new but sorta low to mid range price £250-500 new if you geet the dual kit lens set

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have 2 L series lenses and they are fantastic, what body are you going for next?

Have to admit the Canon's L series lens I;ve used has been excellent, the 24-105mm was £450 in a white box (meaning it camefrm a kit ) I've considered the 750, 760 , 6d and 7d for my next camera body. Of course if money was no object then I'd probably go for the Canon EOS  5DS with it's 50mb pixel sensor, I think the nearly £3000 price tag puts me off, well not so much as puts me off, but certainly a factor.

Well done Leon, I often look through the window at Cash Converters in Lincoln - otherwise known as, by my wife, the 'smelly shop'. You do see various bits of photography gear just not sure if I would take the risk. Do you get any sort of guarantee? 

I have purchased a couple of my best lenses from the local CEX store which is similar to a Cash Converter .......CEX, give an automatic six month gauruntee with everything they sell.......exchanging or money back is hassle free ( my granddaughter returned an iPhone )

CEX, have a little, in-store workshop where everything is checked over prior to sale........my favourite lens from there is my Olympus 40-150  M4/3 it was jut £150.    It is on my GX7 currently.

CEX do sell online I think.

FUJI

Edited by FUJI
On 06/01/2016 at 06:58, colinb said:

Well done Leon, I often look through the window at Cash Converters in Lincoln - otherwise known as, by my wife, the 'smelly shop'. You do see various bits of photography gear just not sure if I would take the risk. Do you get any sort of guarantee? 

6 kmonth guarantee.... not sure if the smallprint would make any claim easy?

On 05/01/2016 at 23:51, Richard said:

I have 2 L series lenses and they are fantastic, what body are you going for next?

not sure.... maybe a 2nd hand 60/70D depends what I can afford. I have a VERY good chance of a promotion of work soon so I should have some wonga in time for my 40th in MAY  (does that  mean im officially old enough to be a photographer?)