Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello You Sexy Thing

Sat in all morning fretting whether I would get my delivery today - I tracked it from WEX to the depot in Newcastle then to the van so knew it should but still couldn't settle.

Batteries are charged, strap is on, all sounds are turned off (hate things beeping) lens hoods are on, I've had a fiddle a few settings, programmed two of the 6 function buttons and I've taken loads of shots - in the house because its tipping down and freezing cold. :rant:

Glad to find it all fits in my Billingham Hadly Pro so when it stops raining I will go out and try all the lenses. The 35mm f1.4 is gorgeous so will become my main go-out-and-shoot lens the same as the Pentax-F 50mm f1.7 was on the K30. Ordered a Fuji X to Pentax K lens adapter so I can still use it in manual focus mode, won't get full metering but it will operate in aperture priority mode and indicate the correct exposure on the screen in manual mode.

Its gorgeous and I think we'll have many happy years together - pleased I paid the extra for the X-T1 over the X-T10 as it just feels right in the hand.

5659d87aa6d28_FujiBoxes.thumb.jpg.0203e8

5659d87e7c1c3_FujiX-T1.thumb.jpg.3f09b3a

• Like 2

Best I could manage while there was still a bit of light in the conservatory.
I get a feeling I am going to have a full blown love affair with the 35mm, its razor sharp, the DoF is nice and narrow even for a wide (ish) 1.5 crop combination, the out of focus looks good and it focuses quickly.

These are in camera JPEG's down sampled in PS CC for posting but otherwise as the camera recorded them.
All shot at f1.4 - aperture priority - auto ISO - auto WB - standard/Provia colour mode.

5659df3db2d6a_FujiTest1.thumb.jpg.5c8a79

5659df46c0d06_FujiTest3.thumb.jpg.005ee2

5659df41964ed_FujiTest2.thumb.jpg.195f77

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Ron said:

Looks great BP, Christmas came early this year then...lol...you should have some fun with it I,m sure.

It gets some great reviews but I,m sure you have read them all, I remember reading in a couple of reviews a while back that it produces stunning quality JPEG,s. In fact one reviewer remarked that they were probably some of the finest images he had seen from a digital camera.

I see you can get an add on grip which holds a battery, are you considering that BP or keeping things compact.

Looking forward to seeing some images from it BP (if the weather picks up).

Ron 

The jpeg output is meant to be so good many don't even bother with raw files - best advice I've found is shoot both as it doesn't affect the performance then you have all boxes ticked.

There is a cash-back and free battery grip promotion which I qualify for. Thing is I've done this partially to get a smaller lighter system so I'm thinking of flogging the grip when I get it, I really want to keep things as neat as possible.