Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Blackheath Fireworks Display

I took myself off to test my Nikon's night photos capabilities, yesterday evening, OK an excuse to go see the Blackheath Fireworks Display, supposedly the largest display in SE London.... laugh1.gif - I surprised myself by getting 50 shots (+ a bad 3 min HD video) in 15 minutes, then trudge back to the car and home.....

Most are laughably bad as I was experimenting with hand-held/'bipod', resting my elbows on the crowd-barrier and bracing the camera against the strap around my neck.  Some were just bad when I switched to my monopod, but that was due to being jostled by folks aimlessly wandering around in the dark....

A precious few turned out well....

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0278.jpg

DSCN0287.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

Thanks folks :happy: - I'm rather surprised they turned out so well, 4-second exposures on a monopod is pushing things a bit :lol:

@ RW - I thought the same thing too, or those bioluminescent amoebas that flash rainbow colours laugh1.gif

A few more of the good'uns.....

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

Thanks again peoples :blushing: -  I did consider taking my tripod but, with a crowd of what seemed like thousands, I decided against it, mainly cos of:

1} - It's very heavy (I mean reeeaaally heavy, it's an unbranded early 90's video-tripod, solid as a rock) and:

2} - Someone tripping over it in the dark (old memories of Glastonbury Festivals.....), I didn't want my tripod wrecking :whistle:

@ Clicker - I've often taken my monopod just in case, but a lot of the time it tends to more of hindrance than help, but that was with my old and 'slow' Fiji cam  winkgrin-1.gif

The last few, the weather had been very mild until the last few minutes, then the wind started picking up (Blackheath is locally famous for being a superb kite-flying and land-surfing site - Oh, it was also the haunt of Dick Turpin the infamous highwayman too :lol:), .....

DSCN0280.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

The 'Grand Finale'....

DSCN0283.jpg

Just to bring it all back down to earth, a couple of failures of the nearby fairground, blurred but somehow quirky.....  All part of my learning-curve with this new camera.....

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0252.jpg

The strange blue swirly thingy in the bottom-right corner is a little lass with a LED-toy, a spinning windmill type thingy, with LEDs along the blades...

A smashing set , WB.

I have never been able to get fireworks as good as these, and there isn't much chance now as the little dog who we adopted a couple of years back goes berserk when they are going off so no chance of leaving her.

We couldn't even have the curtains open, so thanks for sharing, as it gave me a chance to see some , even if on the iPad.?

WOW!  I'll have to be careful now, such praise as this and I'll have problems getting through my door in future....  grin.gif

This last shot of the night has got me curious now.....  The 'musical-notes' are the streetlights along the main road across the heath, yet the buses are relatively blur-free....  I'm now puzzling as to how/why confused2.gif......

DSCN0310.jpg

The large blob (just above centre-left) is a very distant firework, from down in the Greenwich area.....

Archived