Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Old Font and Flagstones...

Clicker

The Church of St Michael and All Angels is  in the Cotswold village of Stanton and stands. on the edge of the Cotswolds. There is one Pub ...no shops, no tea rooms  no guest houses or hotels and less than 200 inhabitants.  I found it whilst walking the Cotswold Way.   I  loved the  light on the worn flagstones  only just illuminating the arches and pews.Parts date back to the 9th century though the Font and the porch have 15th century origins..

old-Fontand-flagstones-4s.thumb.jpg.b30f

Ooooh  thank you very much all of you  ...  your comments  are very kind and  appreciated ...

I did think that Font might have been expected  to refer to  a Type Face  when I put the  subject  title up Chris... but it was the only other word  I could think of suitable for a bit of alliteration ..

It was the light and the  tone of the patina  caught at that angle that drew me in to make the shot Korks and somehow the darkness caught the hushed  tones associated  with church interiors. I stayed for an hour  or so  and took this shot as I left ..the sun was lower and the light warmer  but the shine on the flagstones was no longer apparent   from this angle .I still quite like it though  I did wonder if I should use the perspective tool to just straighten the vertical on  the far left arch....? 

Stantons-st-michaels-01sx.thumb.jpg.b155

Ok Ron ... my other half is a retired engineer  so I know just what you mean ... I was being a bit lazy ... so I have used the perspective and transform tools  in CS6 to alter the perspective that comes from looking upwards...

It did have a  tangible spiritual feel to it Ron ...i hope that comes across.

Hi Dee ...  yes ... the light was the artist in that image  ... glad it appealed to you too.

Stantons-st-michaels-01as2.jpg

Hi Colin.  It's a hard one to get just right this is ... I don't want to lose the feeling that the ceiling was only just visible as it was just edges of the beams that were touched with light ..... Am on my iPad. At the moment Colin so will try tweaking it later to see if it works.. Got your message too... Will get back to you later today  on  that.;) 

Me again ... I've  had a go Colin ...my problem is I have already selected and altered the levels on that area having  altered the exposure in RAW   initially   as it was  almost black  then .. Consequently I have also had to    combat the resulting noise  that  arose  from doing that ....:wallbash:As you can see there is still noise in that area ...grrr Please feel free to have a go too...I   just can't lighten much more without  getting more noise than I can  deal with ... see below ... a bit noisy innit ?

Sometimes our monitors can  be our problem  can't they  despite checking the calibration... I haven't had this one printed  yet so  that will probably be the best guide ... Thanks so much everyone for the interest in this one ... don't want to bore the pants off everyone though ....lolStantons-st-michaels-01as3.thumb.jpg.a24

Just saw your edit Colin !!

SNAP !

:lol:

• 1 month later...

You must have been rummaging to find this Brian ...but thank you so much  for such a  kind comment ..it is really appreciated..The  initial photo,with the worn shiny flagstones being the  focus of the image, is my favourite of all the  church interiors that I have photographed .. :thumbup:

Polly

9 hours ago, Clicker said:

You must have been rummaging to find this Brian ...but thank you so much  for such a  kind comment ..it is really appreciated..The  initial photo,with the worn shiny flagstones being the  focus of the image, is my favourite of all the  church interiors that I have photographed .. :thumbup:

Polly

Yes, Polly! As I've been away for so long, I'm trying to catch up with the older posts. And some of them are quite stunning.

Hi Tina ... yes it was one of those places where the walls seemed to whisper to you  ....it just resonated with the history of ordinary people, our ancestors, going about their daily lives where the church was often  the glue that bound them together and was often a source of learning and spiritual well being....well sometimes.. I just wanted to capture the hushed stillness in that early evening sunlight but half wished I could have stayed long enough to hear the choir singing later  at  Evensong . Glad you liked it too ....:yes

Archived