Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The lurid light of dawn.

This is from my local reservoir yesterday morning.

The only editing I have done is pull down the highlights and open the shadows; nothing else.

I think we all like a good sunrise but this is just so violently red I can't abide it. WDYT?

BiAll20151025015.thumb.jpg.a708165f2100f

For me, everything about that shot is perfect except the sky colour. Lurid is a great word to use to describe it - I wouldn't want a shirt of that hue!

The comp is lovely, did you chuck a pebble in to get those rings in the water?

Korky

For me, everything about that shot is perfect except the sky colour. Lurid is a great word to use to describe it - I wouldn't want a shirt of that hue!

The comp is lovely, did you chuck a pebble in to get those rings in the water?

Korky

The colour was so much better before the sun rose. Not a pebble, that was a big fat trout.

Did you get some  shots immediately before the sun rose then Bill?

It would be interesting to make the comparison ...especially if you could train that trout to perform again ...:laughing: It's a strange thing that occasionally Mother Nature wears such outrageous colours that they look unreal and artificial ... And for a few moments it looks like this was the case Bill ....If you had manipulated colours like this  no doubt many would cry, 

"Whoah .. the hue  and saturation  is a bit overdone."

However despite it's lurid ( good word Korks!)  luminosity, a teeny part of me is saying,

"Hey ...what you see is what you get !!":lol:

Absolutely love the third one Bill...  Your additional technical information accompanying  some of your photos  is most appreciated. Thanks for that .. Us mere mortals need all the help we can get to aspire to capture heavenly images  that even remotely resemble yours ... ;)

Not a pebble, that was a big fat trout.

You chucked a big fat trout in?

The sad thing is most will thing the red is 'photoshop', I do like the colours of the other two but the scene and composition of the top version is better I'm not sure which I prefer.

I know what you mean about the lurid colours, its looks a little artificial.
Have you tried playing with the saturation and luminance sliders in LR to tone it down any?

The second (pre dawn) shot is closer to the images I like but feel it is a little bright - I'd love to see a darker, moodier version.

Regardless it looks like a fantastic morning to be out.

This must have been the same recent morning that my good lady tried to tear me from my first cuppa as she parted the curtains on another new day......" Get your camera" she kept repeating..........I admire Bill the way he seems be able to jump out of bed pre dawn to capture his amazing light pics.

I began to do the same when I first took up photography, I ensured that I was out before first light for around two years, but sadly, back then, I didn't have the skills to do the sunrise much justice.....and now that I probably have, I don't want to be out so early.

I will admit, quite honestly that it needs to be an exceptional dawn or sunset to ring all my bells, this one does because of the lurid colours.

FUJI

This must have been the same recent morning that my good lady tried to tear me from my first cuppa as she parted the curtains on another new day......" Get your camera" she kept repeating..........I admire Bill the way he seems be able to jump out of bed pre dawn to capture his amazing light pics.

I began to do the same when I first took up photography, I ensured that I was out before first light for around two years, but sadly, back then, I didn't have the skills to do the sunrise much justice.....and now that I probably have, I don't want to be out so early.

I will admit, quite honestly that it needs to be an exceptional dawn or sunset to ring all my bells, this one does because of the lurid colours.

FUJI

Ah the pull of a warm bed; all your good lady needs is to ask the question "What's it to be...? while holding a bucket of cold water. I'm sure you would then be the early bird that catches the sunrise :whistle:

But seriously we each do what suits us, pre-dawn landscapes and the peace and I quiet of dawn suit me and my photography while you are the master of street.

Archived