Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The C Word......

As much as we hate it, its coming. The shops are filling up, the TVads are starting......the C word...oh yes CHRISTMAS.

This is a bit of a lady thread but guys can join in too.......they have great ideas too.

I'm looking at making a lot of natural stuff as gifts or decorations. I currently have apple slices, sprinkled with cinnamon, drying in my oven. The smell is stunning. Im hoping to use them as tree decorations, gift decorations and pot pori.

I'm also going to do oranges and glass baubels filled with different things. Quite exciteis anyone else doing similar?

Update........burned to a crisp.....grrrrrrr. Need to try again.

I know.....scary! Who has Xmas craft ideas?

My good lady, attends a  Craft group who meet up every Tuesday.........the current trend for Christmas, is the use of the traditional ....DOLLY......clothes peg, to create figures that have a small screw eye in the head so they can be hung from a Christmas Tree or be used at each end of a Christmas Card suspension cord.

They have patterns for a whole range of Regency figures a-la ....Sense and Sensibilty.....ladies in Empire dresses and gents in tight pants ,waistcoats and tailcoats etc.

There is great potential, for other literary figures too.

For a couple of years, my good lady spent literally hours knitting, very beautiful Nativity Sets.....they proved too popular, but just not worth all that effort to see them sold for peanuts on a Christmas Crafts stall.

So it's back to cheap, cheerful, attractive now.......( probably why she sticks with me;-))

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

A grotto sounds fantastic. I successfully dried some apple slices and will try oranges tonight. With star anise clovescloves and other Christmas spices I'm hoping to make some Xmas pot pori and some natural tree decorations. Also bought some clear glass baubels and have started to fill them with beads, feathers, chillies, ribbon etc. All in prep for a craft fair at sons church.

its far to early to even think about Christmas, but when it comes closer, I actually do a lot of 'home - made'. Last year I made lots of cards and bundled them up for friends as a 'gift that keeps on giving'. I'll do that again, and maybe some foodie things, home made cream cheese, truffles that sort of thing. But again, ITS TOO EARLY

Dont be sad Colin thats something to be proud of well done Yvonne, has she been feeding the cake with a little of the hard stuff.

Ron

That and the puds, she gets quite a few requests from friends for one of her Christmas puddings (have to say they are rather tasty!) which is why she cook/bake(?) so many.

My craft stock is building. Hubby spending so much time at hospital with his poor mum I'm home alone worrying too much. So I have turned to crafting. I have made some "Christmas in a Jar" ornaments. Jam jars with wire handles filled with my home made potpourri. They are delicious to smell look gorgeous and I have orders already for 2.