Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Damselfly I think..........?

JHFoto

Whats that in English................................:lol:

Azure damselfly 

Dragonfly's eyes are close together nearly touching where damselflies are well spaced practically opposite each other 
Dragonflies normal land with wings open opposite to damselflies which are usually closed or down over there abdomen 

Azure damselfly 

Dragonfly's eyes are close together nearly touching where damselflies are well spaced practically opposite each other 
Dragonflies normal land with wings open opposite to damselflies which are usually closed or down over there abdomen 

Ta............................................

Azure damselfly 

Ta............................................

And Thanks  from me too ... more stuff to file  ...:laughing:

Nice capture, looks very similiar to the Common Blue Damselfly, I've still not seen any yet up here.

The commons are about towards august 

The difference is hard to spot the azure has more blue than black and vicky verky for the common which dosnt help if there is no comparison 

The other differance is the tip of the tail the azure has a black mark like a tumbler where as the common has a wine glass / club like mark 

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/angela.tyrrell/Blue_Damselfly.html

Its actually just after the tip classed as the second segment 

There are also 11 species of the Azure across Europe, distinguished by the markings of the second abdominal segment.

Now this is getting heavy, its a blue damselfly JH...LOL

Ron 

There are also 11 species of the Azure across Europe, distinguished by the markings of the second abdominal segment.

Now this is getting heavy, its a blue damselfly JH...LOL

Ron 

Oh dear .:ermm:....I'm getting a complex ....

It's an insect ....and a pretty colour!!:lol:

Ok ok...I feel like I've walked into the annual Entomologist's reunion....I shall now cross reference any future pic I post of any insect,  with  your names so that  I get the  poor beggar's name right even if the focus  is  not !  :lol:

;)

Bet you didn't anticipate all this from your initial post did yer JH?:lol:

Ok ok...I feel like I've walked into the annual Entomologist's reunion....I shall now cross reference any future pic I post of any insect,  with  your names so that  I get the  poor beggar's name right even if the focus  is  not !  :lol:

;)

LOL Polly

Apologies to JH, you must be thinking all I did was post a bloody picture of a Damselfly.

Ron

;)

Dont ask me I always get the ID's wrong 

LOL Polly

Apologies to JH, you must be thinking all I did was post a bloody picture of a Damselfly.

Ron

:rofl:

And a goddamm good Damselfly at that ... phew ....try saying that  after a large aperitif !

Fuzzy  !! I regard  you as one  of the insect experts on here..

Archived