Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

Chrissie it says in Phil's rules ...all images accepted old and new ... There is nothing in the weekly challenge rules as far as I can see, saying you can't post an old  image again ... I expect there will be a few  some of us haven't seen stuff from years ago anyway ... And it's a chance to show off some of your archived stuff if you want ...

:thumbup:

My weekly challenge image is in and I hope its not too controversial. It was originally taken for a weekly challenge on a now defunct forum with the theme 'Something You Pick Up'. I came second and would have won but certain people said it was 'off theme'. I argued that guys had been picking ladies up like this for thousands of years hence it being called the oldest profession in the world. Anyway it's in and needed an airing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to those who posted pictures and voted in the challenge, One of My Best - some great pics.  in there. I have always liked the one I put up and here is another one taken at the same time, that I also like, but is not as 'artistic' as the one I put in the challenge thread.:

56be90165e19f_1Jan09114x.jpg.ef7dc09219b

• Like 1

I would have replied early but with the vote still ongoing I didn't. Thanks Clicker I literally had 2 shots for this image before the gingerbread man dissolved - which he did by the 3rd shot. On the 3rd image his head was below the coffee. I only had the one gingerbread man - I don't like gingerbread - so I set the shot up previously using a tripod then added the coffee, sprinkles and finally the gigerbred man....

WelL  I loved it Rye ...  Oh a sequence with the  3rd one showing a drowning gingerbread man would have been  priceless !

I  see we have a tie break with two other very good  entries ...Maybe we could have a rule for the weekly   challenge where the Boss can vote again  for one of the two tie breakers ... or if he has already voted for one of them ... it  would count as two ... Bit like an away goal counting double ... or something ....It would save another poll as a 24 hour poll may finish up with maybe fewer votes  as not every one  visits the site  every day ... just a thought .....:dizzy:

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

Maybe we could have a rule for the weekly   challenge where the Boss can vote again  for one of the two tie breakers ... or if he has already voted for one of them ... it  would count as two

I've always had this twisted longing to be the last judge on the X Factor, the that has to decide which act is going through and which one is going home :yes

I have always felt 24 hour polls were a little harsh but I really don't want any more ties, this seems like a good suggestion to me?

re:- Tiebreaking.

Having been favourably on the receiving end of one of Phil's decisions.............I think it's a great idea.

Although, I must admit I felt a bit uncomfortable, especially after a late vote against mine was disallowed. "You win a few, you lose a few."

Edited by Brian

Oooouch!

Definitely fits "Something with a Hole in it"!

I wish I could find the photo of Bob's thumb with a 3 inch nail through it from the nail gun.                        Camera first................then the Elastoplasts.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Note to self - "retain information read" - and post before midnight Friday for weekly challenge.

Taken Thursday, thought about Friday "I will post it Sat morning". Sat morning comes along and "doh!" as homer would say.

I took it so I will post it!!

56da9c8db004b_OnaShelf.jpg.f41f734ca1b46

• Like 1

My idea for the challenge #36 didn't work out as well as I expected, but I've put one in as no time left to try again. It's was my Grandmother's , and in use up until the 1930's. I hoped the light would show the pattern of the handle better, but no.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I'm thinking the weekly challenge is dying..........

Well, it was a difficult theme this week (despite my suggestions for interpreting it). Some weeks will be like that, other weeks will attract more posters. As long as there's a challenge that allows archive pictures, I'm happy.

Erm I think Chrisse was referring to the Flora and Fauna challenge Chris ....at the time that she she posted that comment, I think  her image   was the only entry  (on the Friday morning ) It looks like theres a decent number of entries  now ...looks like we have all been last minute ....well,.... last day posters!  ;)

Good luck everyone..

Yes, I think the weather Gods have been against us on this one, though Chris' Runners Up was quite challenging. I think there was 9 entries in the latest challenge, I know I was holdimg out for a better image until the last minute...

Edited by Ryewolf
23 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I'm thinking the weekly challenge is dying..........

I'm thinking many posts drop off the very small new post listings which used to contain many more threads. Partly because of this I often find the competition has reach the voting stage before I have even seen the entry title, for example Chris and the 'Runners Up' I  would have entered I have several pictures which would suit but only now at the voting stage have I seen it. The new threads listing often contains 3 days or more of the 'one a day' pictures  which does crowd out the threads with few postings, which then disappear. I am not complaining just trying to suggest a reason 'why'.