Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

60 Minite Challenge

As it was nice late this afternoon and a bank holiday weekend, I decided to knock off early (I work self-employed) and get out for an hour. I set myself a 60 min challenge to come up with some images from my local area but not walking more the 3/4qtr of a mile from my front door.

Anyway 2 distinct themes came out, one is the remains of industry (mostly long gone) and the other was from the ancient woodland that's a few minutes away.

#1 Door to nowhere

door-to-nowhere-8264.jpg

#2 Disconnected

disconnected-pipe-8269.jpg

#3 Abandoned

sluice-gate-8270.jpg

#4 In the shadow of giants

in-the-shadow-of-giants-8280.jpg

#5 Tangled

tangled-8284.jpg

#6 New Life

new-life-8285.jpg

The final image, wasn't my original choice, but as all the others were portrait, I thought it might look odd with a landscape.

My original image of choice.

new-life-8297.jpg

I especially like 'In the shadow of giants'

What a good post, I have not been out with my camera for a long while and will have to try your theme when I get time :)

Thanks for saying FUJI, I often wonder if I do. I never know if the stuff I'm capturing (I prefer that to taking, as it sorta implies stealing) is any good.... I like them, and I like getting out and about, I work from home (sat in front of a pc) making websites, so the opportunity to get away from the screen is always welcome. I wish I had majestic rolling landscapes with herds of wilderbeasts at my doorstep... but I've got Accrington so I make the most of what's around....

Hi Rye,

Being fully retired and ancient, I play your sixty minute game everytime I leave the house........to the point whereIi am known around town as the.......Man with a Camera.

I tell folks that it is welded to me;-)

Some days, I hardly take a shot.......another day it might be fifty or more.......love the challenge, of finding something, in and around our relatively small town.

If I go further, it is only within a twenty mile radius of home, using my bus pass, but that can include Coventry, Leamington Spa, Warwick and Stratford a Upon Avon.

Have camera, will travel.

FUJI

I love doing this sort of thing - the dog walk down to Jacky's Beach is my usual 'patch' for shooting random stuff - and you've done a great job in yours. Often you won't get the best images you've ever taken but thats not the point, the point is you go out to somewhere familiar with an open eye, an open mind and look that little bit harder. Do that enough and you'll do it all the time and your photography will improve. 

The last shot by the way is an absolute cracker!

The last shot by the way is an absolute cracker!

Thanks BP, it was worth the bramble thorns stabbing the back of my leg to get it. It was an interesting challenge, particularly as the area is literally a minutes walk from my house and somewhere I go a lot.

Archived