Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bottom on the Beach

Martyn

I passed this rusting hulk as I drove along the causeway from the mainland to Roa Island and just knew I had to photograph it. I don't know if it's abandoned here or just washed up by the recent storms, but it's a strange place for a vessel this big to be just "parked"!

13518517563_f237e8cca5_b_d.jpg

13518798974_5ca0f4c69e_b_d.jpg

13518557233_f938f560ab_b_d.jpg

13518796314_0f51f9fd49_b_d.jpg

13518460485_1f074a036a_b_d.jpg

That is huge..........

Lovely set Martyn, I am having trouble deciding which shot I like the most as they are all so good.....at the moment I am thinking the last shot...I really like the view down the side of the rusting beast and the sky is lovely too...

I am glad you didnt just take one shot

When I saw No1 I hoped you had taken more there are so many colours and textures there

Like all the angles and I bet you have more images

Put it this way Fuzzy, it's a good job I wasn't using film and limited to 36 shots!  If I'd had my wellies with me I could have walked out further and got shots of boats totally sunk into the mud in the foreground. I spent so long walking around this boat that my missus was huffing and puffing, making tutting noises muttering something about needing chips and coffee.

My day spent on Roa Island was amazing. I find it strange that my friends keep asking me where it is when it's only a short drive up the road; they don't know what they are missing!

Martyn - I assume it's the same boats as I took back in 2006?

Well, knock me down with a feather! It certainly looks like the same boat but it must have had a lick of paint since then too. The working parts look well rusted as if it had not been used at sea for many years, but there was a relatively new flag flying from the blunt end and a decent ladder tied up on the side.

Archived