Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Garaged

CMunzel

3 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Thanks Gareth. What do you mean by “definite MOT failure”? What’s is MOT?

I did wonder if that would make sense to you when I typed it. 

In the UK we need to get an annual test / certificate to prove a car is safe to drive in order to be allowed to use it on the roads. 

That certificate is issued on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and generally just referred to as an "MOT". 

5 hours ago, Hatter said:

I did wonder if that would make sense to you when I typed it. 

In the UK we need to get an annual test / certificate to prove a car is safe to drive in order to be allowed to use it on the roads. 

That certificate is issued on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and generally just referred to as an "MOT". 

Ahh, thanks Gareth. We call that a Road Worthy Certificate (RWC). Yes, a definite fail whatever we call it.

2 hours ago, johntwo said:

A touch up here and there and a bit of work, that could become someone's pride and joy. 

Thank you for the comments, John. I believe it will be restored...., in the fullness of time. A Jowlett Javelin, apparently.. 

Ooh isn’t it funny what  thoughts an image triggers  and how differently our minds are wired ... my first thoughts weren’t about the possibility of restoring it .... my first thought were ....” Oooh   I could get a whole library of texture images from this  car !!!”   If it’s somewhere you can visit again I’d certainly have a go at that as I know you are into Texture overlays ...

On 28/11/2019 at 09:56, Clicker said:

Ooh isn’t it funny what  thoughts an image triggers  and how differently our minds are wired ... my first thoughts weren’t about the possibility of restoring it .... my first thought were ....” Oooh   I could get a whole library of texture images from this  car !!!”   If it’s somewhere you can visit again I’d certainly have a go at that as I know you are into Texture overlays ...

So true about how different minds respond to this photo with many thinking about restoration. I hadn’t thought about getting texture from it though, Polly. This vehicle is a long way from home but you have got me thinking about the many other unrestored vehicles sitting around my partner’s yard covered in rust, lichen, etc.  So many textures!

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Ohhh you lucky thing Cheryl ... I'd  be interested to see a selection.. it sounds ideal... :1311_thumbsup_tone2:I take pics of tree trunks,.concrete , paint peeling woodwork , rusty metal ,  Lichen , as you mentioned ,stonework, brickwork , fabric, hessian  pebbles   etc

All can be adjusted with any colour or converted to monotone to suit ... 

Archived