Jump to content

Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

The Weekly Caption 26/08/2019

All you have to do is add a caption - or two if you fancy.....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/30771-the-weekly-caption-26082019/

Ryewolf

Don't forget ... you've got about 7 days to post in NOVEMBER'S In Focus Challenge, this month is themed: Abstract. Deadline midnight on SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/33671-tipf-in-focus-november-2019-themed-abstract/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Monkey

Cant beat a Spit--fire

Recommended Posts

That initial 'kick into life' of a  Merlin :) be it Rolls Royce or Packard !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just looking at it makes the hair stand up on the back of one's neck ...   .. Hubby and I have been having a love affair with  Spitfires since  the fifties ....   what an aircraft ....that sound  ....as Denis said ....Nothing like it .......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Denis said:

That initial 'kick into life' of a  Merlin :) be it Rolls Royce or Packard !

Thanks UK Spits had Merlins and Griffons fitted The Packard which was a variation of the Merlin made under licence at Packard in the USA  and used in Kittyhawk,  P51 mustang  and Avro Lancasters 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Well caught Mark.

Thanks, To be honest this is a setup really as when there is a large crowd the pilots overprime them resulting in this, We had an idea they were going to do it so just waited then hit the shutter button and sprayed 

Share this post


Link to post

Lovely image, you can’t beat the sound of a merlin.

Edited by vanguard
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Clicker said:

Just looking at it makes the hair stand up on the back of one's neck ...   .. Hubby and I have been having a love affair with  Spitfires since  the fifties ....   what an aircraft ....that sound  ....as Denis said ....Nothing like it .......

Thank you 

10 hours ago, vanguard said:

Lovely image, you beat the sound of a merlin.

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Monkey said:

Thanks UK Spits had Merlins and Griffons fitted The Packard which was a variation of the Merlin made under licence at Packard in the USA  and used in Kittyhawk,  P51 mustang  ....

...and <some> ;) Avro Lancasters , notably the B III version '

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...