Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Todays Bug Hunt 04/06/2018

Ryewolf

There didn't seem to be very many bugs around today and I didn't see one butterfly, but here's what I did see....

A Very Small Fly - no idea on the ID...

small-fly-6885.jpg

Pill Woodlouse - Armadillidium vulgare , that was just wandering about on a path...

pill-woodlouse-6891.jpg

Red-and-black Froghopper - Cercopis vulnerata - luckily there were a few as the first did where it got it's name and jumped away before I could photograph it...

red-black-froghopper-6889.jpg

3 minutes ago, Korky said:

Great stuff - all are good, interesting shots, but I think number one wins it photographically

Thanks Korky, the thing with any wildlife  or macro photography is your subject is likely to walk, fly or jump away - usually just at the moment you get it in focus, so images to to be a bit pot luck on what you get. All these three are new things I've photographed...

That first shot was supposed to be something else I spotted but it flew away and was replaced by that smaller fly and that was the only shot I managed before it also flew away...

Agree with Korks ... # 1 is a very pleasing macro , nicely presented with the diagonal bias ...  I know how hit and miss it can be with flying creatures ....yer pays yer money... and then keeps yer fingers crossed !!

10 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I know how hit and miss it can be with flying creatures ....yer pays yer money... and then keeps yer fingers crossed !!

Thanks Clicker... there's also a lot a swearing that goes on when bug hunting as your subject takes that very moment you've finally got close enough and managed to get it in focus to leave the frame.....

18 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

Interesting mix of bugs

Thanks BP. Strictly speaking, the first is a fly, the second is a crustacean, the third though is a bug and not a beetle...

Archived