Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

STREET PORTRAITURE

FUJI

I enjoyed a fantastic, but very hot afternoon in Stratford-Upon-Avon today....this is just one of the fascinating tourist I met and then requested a portrait from....this beautiful lass graciously agreed then began to use those Oriental Almond eyes    Lovely !

I have been practicing, probably the most challenging type of Street Photography where you make conversation with complete strangers, then persuade them to pose.

Great but challenging fun.

I also messed up my camera menu to shoot JPEGS  only...so processing not up to usual standards..

FUJI

ORIENTAL BEAUTY 3 colour.jpg

ORIENTAL BEAUTY  2 colour bright eyes .jpg

It's a lovely portrait Fuji and the use of the umbrella as a BG really works so well.  Prefer the first crop but (and I know this might sound pedantic) the brickwork in the BG isn't level and just niggles a bit because for me, it draws attention to itself.  Easy to say in retrospect but perhaps had the umbrella been supported on her left shoulder, the canopy would have masked most if not all of that.

3 hours ago, John2 said:

It's a lovely portrait Fuji and the use of the umbrella as a BG really works so well.  Prefer the first crop but (and I know this might sound pedantic) the brickwork in the BG isn't level and just niggles a bit because for me, it draws attention to itself.  Easy to say in retrospect but perhaps had the umbrella been supported on her left shoulder, the canopy would have masked most if not all of that.

Hi, John,

Thank You for your comments and feedback.....

I take on board all that you say........the crooked bricks will be easy to rectify either via a quick straighten.....being blurred or a vignette used  to cover them.?

I must admit to being just a little, in awe of how my very gracious subject, posed so quietly and so beautifully for me .... a complete stranger with a camera.....I know I had the light right, she even raised her sunshade/ brolly to where I thought it looked best....but dammit didn’t notice the wonky bricks....

I was practicing a completely new and rather scary approach to Street Portraiture, after watching a series of YouTube tutorials from .....Joe Van Eyk ....a Street Photographer based in Houston Texas.....they are well worth watching.

He uses a very positive approach whilst requesting a Street Portrait from any passer-by......once they agree, he gently directs them into the pose or light that he wants...surprisingly almost all comply without question or annoyance. He always thanks them profusely, offers his card and a promise of digital copies if they email him....

To those less fortunate, he also ensures that they receive at least ten dollars fir their time.......the latter is something that I wouldn’t do......unless I was really desperate to capture that portrait....but I’m not  fan of exploiting the homeless or vunerable stranger.

I have a series of about six other portraits to process....can’t wait to process them.

FUJI

Archived