Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Whiskered bat.

JohnP

This is not a great shot, more of a record shot really, I may never get another chance to photograph one again so I seized the opportunity when it presented itself. One of my friends called me to say there was a bat on the wall of their house, knowing I was keen on nature he wondered if I wanted to photograph it. I went straight away, it was difficult to actually get a shot, I had to lean out of a bedroom window with my friend hanging on to me. The bat was there for a couple of days before it finally disappeared.

post-19-0-48276700-1422214021.jpg

what on earth was it doing clinging to a wall for a couple of days?

I have no idea, I have never come across this before... maybe it was unwell. I looked around on the ground below after it had disappeared and I never found it so I guess it either recovered and flew away or fell after dying and it was taken away by a scavenger or something.

Nope...I loath them. However I can look at this and return to the picture to see the comments...had it been a slug, I just would not come back for a second look. 

I have a mate who is bat crazy, I crocheted her a bat to hang in her car..!

Is this a recent picture John, the reason I ask is that some years ago we had an old cottage with around a dozen Pipistrelle,s which roosted in a cavity between the gutter board and the loft. One February there was one on the outside of the board all day long but I found it dead on the ground the next morning. So wondered if its the same here and your bat was unwell..?

Ron... it's not a recent shot, I would have to check the date... I think it was last September. Bats are not something I've photographed much before, I can only remember taking one shot a few years ago, that's why I jumped at the chance to get a shot of this one.

Archived