Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

where in the world?

geodar

after reading kobione's hot.HOT weather forecast post and how they have to prepare against fire, and the posts of the flooding in this country.

it came into my mind as to which country i would like to visit and to take photos, not for a holiday, but as a photography session.

i have always wanted to visit iceland (not the shop before you say something), the volcanos, scenery, rocks, people, buildings etc, etc.

so where would you like to visit and what would you like to shoot?

geoff

I would like to go back to all the countries I have driven through in my 35 year driving career and actually own a decent camera!

All I had then was a very cheap instamatic or disposable 24 shot types as per attached image below

But a country of choice for a photo shoot for me would be the wilder part of Canada. Not been there but from what I have seen it looks stunning.

post-10-0-83676700-1354085725_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChroNikon

I've got a list of places I'd love to be able to visit to just to take photos.

1. My gt. uncle's grave at Kanchanaburi War Cemetery & visit the Death Railway on which he died. No one in the family has managed to visit him and I'd love to do but I don't do heat, humidity, small crawly things, big crawly things or snakes!

2. An FDNY fire house, probably Rescue 5 as well as The Pile, aka Ground Zero then I'd get the hell out of Dodge fast as I can't stand cities and NY leaves me cold.

3. Whilst in the USA I'd love to shoot the Alamo, the Little Big Horn battlefield and Fort Bowie/Apache Pass.

4. Churchill, Manitoba in the winter; catch the polar bears.

5. Oslo, Stavanger and Folgefonna National Park in Norway....in winter of course! I went to these places in 1979 and it was beautiful but I wasn't into photograhy then.

you can take your time and think about where you would like to go Lee :thumbup:

annie - priced iceland a couple of years ago, have to go to scotland or london and it was going to cost almost £500 for a three day trip, so was put off a bit. i see they are doing a three night overstay for £300 now but still have to get to the same places and it is very expensive over there.

i think norway may be one of the best places to do the northern lights richard, but i think you can get some good shots up in scotland which may be cheaper.

seen some stunning shots of northern canada, that would have been my second choice denis.

geoff

• Like 1
Guest Salvatore

Starting from Rhodes in Greece a 26hr ferry crossing ( 1st 16hrs dropping off at various Islands then 10hrs crossing the Aegean sea) to Piraeus on mainland Greece.

A day crossing Greece on their public transport ( involving a train crossing over the Corinth canal) to get to Patra and the next ferry crossing (16hrs) to Brindisi Italy.Jump on 200mph tilting train (across some seriously beautiful terrain) to Rome then find a hotel and sleep.Following day take the overnight sleeper to France.Arrive in Bercy and circumnavigate the Parisian metro to Garde de Norde and the Eurostar to London.

*Remember to take camera next time*

i have been to sweden, brians brother has lived there for years...what a depressing place that is.

i have a niece who lives in canada, and is always asking us to go over there...no appeal...not for me, i can understand others wanting to go.

but iceland i would love to go to........

and i can ice skate...........................!

Edited by annie
Guest Salvatore

On a serious note.....

Finances permitting and relatively home soil...

Machair in the Outer Hebrides.

Flora and fauna with vistas to die for....

Would obviously involve a blog to document the journey.

Win win :)