Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Fuji sets a trend.....

Guest Salvatore

Guest Salvatore

Seems as though Fuji has inspired with his recent street pics

Whilst walking to the shops today.....I just had to have a go.

It felt intrusive and somehow not right ?

Even had hand shake as I was nervous of a negative reaction ( hence slightly off focus)

Probably just a confidence thing that will dwindle with continued exposure to this type of photography.....we'll see !

8216238457_4fda23daec_b.jpg

WELL DONE YOU! :-)

A very big ....THUMBS UP! ......from me..........Yes, it is nerve wracking at first........but I got over my nerves by watching a whole variety of Street Photographers at work on YouTube videos.

A smile and a pleasant approach makes life easier, as does a smaller lens or smaller camera.......if you are using a DSLr with a ledge lens. Look confident......if still shy practice shooting from the chest without looking......not easy but can be very rewarding if you set up right in the first place.

Another good tip is to take your camera amongst tourists in places such as Bath, Stratford-Upon- Avon etc, in those places almost everyone has a camera of some kind......or.......get in a crowd watching an event tem merge.

I always carry cards and offer a JPEG via email if they email me......

Should anyone say no......just say a quick sorry and move on.....not many folk object.......honestly.

I feel very flattered that you were inspired by my exploits.

FUJI

Guest Salvatore

This was a second attempt on my way back from the shops......

Never thought on such a dull day there was a photo to be had virtually on my doorstep.

Thank you Fuji for your inspiration,advice and encouragement.

DSCF0937-bw.jpg

Guest Salvatore

Korky is a lancashire man

Haha.....

As is I :)

Born on the Fylde coast (back in the 50's) and proud of it.......

If I'd wanted to have been born anywhere else I'd have chosen southern Italy.......but they look even more haggard than us northern Brits :)

Guest Salvatore

missed out again

Seems like I did to ......

Italian cars and women,designer clothes and cuisine to die for,beautiful mountains,lakes and open spaces.....the riviera etc,etc

And he gave me British northern towns in the 50's full of smog and poverty.

When I do meet my maker I think we'll be having words ;)

haven't done much street photography but when i did i also felt a little nervous (out of my comfort zone, so to speak), when i tried i placed a point n shoot camera on a table when sitting having a coffee and just pressed the shutter, no one seemed to notice what i was doing, if they saw anything i was just having a coffee. the results wern't great but i had i on night time shooting so the shutter was open longer, i was after blury motion type shots.

geoff

Great chat and fun folks....but lets look at the second shot here:

The Mono tones are all there, the figures are animated and the shot is sharp..............now it needs work on the composition with a crop to get rid of the car.............just a pity you didn't aim a bit lower to include their feet.

But look back at the famous few.......they too cut off feet and had things askew, but many of them were using unwieldy cameras....even those who used small Leicas got things skew-wift on occasions, it occassionally adds to the dynamism of the shot?

Most Street Photographers using Digital, aim for about three keepers in tweny or more.

I admit to getting Cold Feet some days..............I go out with all these ideas in my head then dont shoot a bloomin thing or am too embarrassed to shoot what I see:

Practice, Practice, Practice:

FUJI

I am not really into street as I dont find (usually) everday scenes that interesting (should really work on that )

But I have often contemplated picking a spot in town and taking the same shot once a month for years so I can see the change in fashion and surroundings

Is that street or nostalga

The thing that lets down street is usually the backgrounds My advice would be seekout the backgrounds then shoot the intresting person in it. It also calms the nerves because you are shooting the building / stall etc not just someone who can react to you

In your first image the subject is interesting but the background is cluttered, possably opening the aperture more would have helped

I usually set my camera to between 2,8 and 4, iso to the day speed can do its thing and auto bracket 1 or 1/2 stop Then its decide what I want to take lift focus fire clickclickclick and down a thankyou if possable and away

Two interesting shots - number 1 probably works best, it does give the impression of being grim up north, though.

Yes, I'm a Lancastrian, born, bred and buttered in the once coal and cotton town of Leigh - now it's main industry seems to be charity shops and I no longer live there.

Heather / Fooj - Even though I'm from the rough side of the tracks, my accent is much more Downton Abbey.

Korky

Well done sir, something I've been longing to do for some time now. Should I give it a go though it'll be from the hip.

I was in the local library with the littlun a week or 2 back. There was an interesting character sat at one of the computer terminals, I had the camera with me so I pointed it roughly in their direction and pressed the shutter...

This is a lesson in checking your settings before committing to a shot. The last time the camera was used was for shooting BiF's so was set to fire 8 frames a second, bearing in mind this was a very quiet library the embarrassment was plain to see :)

To cap it all the character wasn't even in any of the final frames :ouch:

Guest Salvatore

this was a very quiet library the embarrassment was plain to see

The first thing I learned about shooting from 'hides' was to turn off any audible noise :)

I'd have loved to have seen your face....lol

Sorry Phil.....

*continues with silent snigger*

Archived