Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Everyone's favourite place of photography

Alsbits

Morning , sitting on the train going to work , I was thinking , what my favourite place I've been to this year for photography and why . I think mine was the Isle of Wight , our family holiday in August . The reason , just the change of the scenery , the rock faces , the beaches , I come from Essex and work in London so , well I think you get the jist . Dungeness was also a good place . So what's your favourite place and why , cheers

Morning , sitting on the train going to work , I was thinking , what my favourite place I've been to this year for photography and why . I think mine was the Isle of Wight , our family holiday in August . The reason , just the change of the scenery , the rock faces , the beaches , I come from Essex and work in London so , well I think you get the jist . Dungeness was also a good place . So what's your favourite place and why , cheers

Sounds like a good topic; include pics of favourite places too?

Almost wherever I am at the time.......where I go, my camera goes........

But given a particular place it would be the St Ives area of Cornwall.......fantastic for people watching, the fantastic light, incredible seascapes, street photography, candid shots.........plus galleries, and good pubs.

FUJI

New York is one of the most Photogenic places on Earth, I am lucky enough to have been three times. The Great Barrier Reef is another fantastic place. A bit nearer home I go to a wildlife hide on the edge of a lake which is only a 15 minute drive away from home..:)

Given that rural beauty spots like the Malverns and the Lake District are now unattainable, it would have to be urban landscapes : street photography, towering architecture, interiors, etc. I've never been to New York but can well imagine it's a photographer's dream; however Liverpool is a good place to go with extremes of wealth reflected in the streets and city centre, the riverside life, the arts, and of course Gormley's Iron Men on Crosby Beach.

post-677-0-52233900-1418378507.jpg

Although I live in the centre of a town, I'm lucky to have some beautiful Lancashire countryside within very easy reach.

I also enjoy the hills of North Wales and over the last few years I've really fallen in love with Cyprus. All are great places for photography.

Korky

This is Hacking Hall which stands by the River Ribble in Lancashire - a timeless scene that has probably remained unchanged for centuries. 

• Like 2

Now this is where I get envious,seeing some of the landscapes you all post of tranquil waters, hills and peaks, forests and glens, Coastal scenes, mountains and castles !

I don't have a lot of time to just go wandering with a camera. Even if I did, the surrounding countryside here is...well...dull ! I mostly frequent the riversides of the Lea, Rib and Stort for exercise at the weekends, but as a town it is a concrete jungle newtown created for bombed out Londoners...and I hate it here. I'm a Hertfordshire boy born and bred amongst the wheat and barley fields  but moved here when I got married.

I do occasionally visit places a little further out, we both like Maldon and Heybridge, Tollesbury and that part of Essex. We visit Sheringham, Cromer and a few places in Norfolk and some of the traditional seaside towns on the Suffolk coast.

So, apart from the riversides, the only other chance I get is when we go on holiday.

Now this is where I get envious,seeing some of the landscapes you all post of tranquil waters, hills and peaks, forests and glens, Coastal scenes, mountains and castles !

I don't have a lot of time to just go wandering with a camera. Even if I did, the surrounding countryside here is...well...dull ! I mostly frequent the riversides of the Lea, Rib and Stort for exercise at the weekends, but as a town it is a concrete jungle newtown created for bombed out Londoners...and I hate it here. I'm a Hertfordshire boy born and bred amongst the wheat and barley fields  but moved here when I got married.

I do occasionally visit places a little further out, we both like Maldon and Heybridge, Tollesbury and that part of Essex. We visit Sheringham, Cromer and a few places in Norfolk and some of the traditional seaside towns on the Suffolk coast.

So, apart from the riversides, the only other chance I get is when we go on holiday.

Hi, Denis,

Then........Street Photography......should be your Forte?

FUJI

Hi, Denis,

FUJI

Hello Fuji,

I love what you do with your camera, the faces and scenes really do work, but I would never point a camera at anyone in our town centre, not unless I want to see it grabbed out of my hands or have my lights punched out :ouch:    Plenty of 'characters' to photograph, but most would end up taking a swing at you!

For me the South Downs are the place where I feel most at home with a camera, particularly the area around Birling Gap and the seven Sisters, I'm up there at least 3 or 4 times a week and the light and mood is always different, in the spring and summer its bright, warm and busy in the winter its moody wild and dangerous.

post-1005-0-21538800-1418416446.jpeg

My local patch (beach) as I have witnessed and captured it in so many different way I feel a part of it. I go there almost every day with the dog and I never get bored of seeing it appear as a walk down the path between the fields.

EDIT - Taken this morning:

On our way to the beach:

iPhone flair:

That or The lake District which I lived in for a while and come Hell, high water or even divorce shall return to when I retire.

A favourite spot there is St Bega's Church on the shore of Bassenthwaite - I proposed to my wife there knowing we would still be able to reach it even when we were very old and infirm.

• Like 1

Hi, Denis,

FUJI

I was going to same the same thing, then I thought of the safety issues, having visited London many times as a courier, I can see it is not really a friendly place.... you do have Kew gardens :)   and some of the cityscapes on a nice clear night must be fantastic?

I dont live in London Leon...thank gawd!

I am on the Hertfordshire-Essex border in Harlow..unfortunately :(

not a million miles from sarf end then?  lovely clear water there I stopped over for a brew on a courier run once.. I guess my glass is always half full.

For me, 3 trips to France this year has helped me decide that my favourite place to have visited with a camera in 2014 has been Paris. Why? Its just awesome. Everywhere you look history and great scenes just jump out at your camera lens. I am sure I will be returning to France a good few times in 2015 also.

14646028682_1207577d84_b.jpg

15119313625_889b7d8313_b.jpg

15083549972_505549fc4c_b.jpg

15131217426_e72b9315dc_b.jpg

Edited by kev7d
  • Like 1

I have to say that my favourite place is probably my local church, there is an atmosphere, for me anyway, that can't be explained.

That said, I would love to grab all my camera gear and head off to the Highlands of Scotland with no family distractions. Selfish I know, but you did ask. :)

• Like 3