Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More bl***y expence!

Ouch! I see this sort of thing all day every day, what was it, a birdy????

I've no idea what it was John!  The vehicles in front were about 200 yards away at least, I reckon what ever it was that caused this came from the opposite carriageway, I never saw it coming though... I have seen stones etc coming on previous occasions, it must have been quite large as there was hell of a bang/thud.

Looking at the size and shape of the damage it would have been about the size of a small football and soft, certainly not a stone or similar object, more than likely a pigeon, they fly out from the side of the road hence you didn't see it coming, makes a hell of a noise and scares the pants off you when it happens. not fun for either you nor the poor birdy.

Looking at the size and shape of the damage it would have been about the size of a small football and soft, certainly not a stone or similar object, more than likely a pigeon, they fly out from the side of the road hence you didn't see it coming, makes a hell of a noise and scares the pants off you when it happens. not fun for either you nor the poor birdy.

You could well be right... no sign of blood or feathers though and it did scare the pants off me... :rofl: There were loads of tiny pieces of glass all over the passenger seat and footwell, no passenger on board though thank goodness. Glad it didn't rain as my wiper blades would have been cut to shreads on the way home and they cost mega bucks to replace.

Feel for you there. I had to get a new windscreen a few months back 

You will never believe me but this is true. From 2000 to 2012 I ran a one man sameday courier business, over that time I owned 5 vehicles and drove around 750,000 miles... roughly 1200 miles every week. From what I remember I had to replace four windscreens during those twelve years. I retired at the end of December 2012, out of necessity (need the money as pensions won't cover my outgoings and boredom) three weeks ago I decided to see if I could find a few jobs each month by contacting some old customers. I have done just three runs from Ledbury to Middlesex in the last two weeks and this happened today on the third of those jobs. After the £75 excess and the cost of diesel I probably made £10 today, I may as well have stayed at home. Things can only get better... surely!!!

Whos doing the new screen for you???

Autoglass... my insurance company only gives me a couple of companies to go to. They are going to come to my place at 1pm on Sunday, I was surprised they work on Sunday's.

Well you picked the best company to have it done by! I have to say that because I work for them, I would assume from your location that it'll be our Gloucester or Worcester branch that come to you, hopfully they've asked all the right questions about the glass, the screen you have in your vehicle isn't a very common one, its generally only fitted in the multispace vehicles or as an option in high end vans.

Well you picked the best company to have it done by! I have to say that because I work for them, I would assume from your location that it'll be our Gloucester or Worcester branch that come to you, hopfully they've asked all the right questions about the glass, the screen you have in your vehicle isn't a very common one, its generally only fitted in the multispace vehicles or as an option in high end vans.

Blimey John... are you saying you can tell what vehicle I have from those pictures? The vehicle is a Peugeot Partner Tepee 110bhp, it's Worcester branch I called as I've had them before, they asked what colour the tint was... purple or green, I found that hard to answer but I said it looked more green than purple.

I parked my Volvo up a few weeks back. Returned to the car to find this Skoda parked really close to my car. ;) . Not trying to hijack the thread. Just a bit of sympathy. :)

14808166823_d03cf8663e_b.jpg

Click image to view large

I hope you let his tyres down.

During my thirty years of driving I experienced two broken windscreens, the first was as I was driving our 1966 VW Beetle along a country lane, a truck threw out a Rock from between its twin rear tyres, it was a wonder I wasn't severely injured.....I do remember having to put my fist quickly through all the bits, so I could see where to stop safely.....modern screens don't do that because they are laminated.

The second time was in our 1973 VW camper when a pigeon flew in to my screen, it didn't break the glass but the blood, guts and feathers took some cleaning off, and I was on the way to run one of my toy making workshops at a kid's birthday party. I arrived shaken and a bit out of sorts.

FUJI

Glad you are Ok, John.

My daughter windscreen was shot through a few weeks ago.
It was one of many that were parked down the same road that suffered the same treatment from a 26 year old who shot the lead balls into the windscreens just for the kicks.

Cost my daughter £100 to replace, but we are thankful that she wasn't in the car and that her daughter had parked her car half hour before and gone into the bungalow.

The cost could have been much higher if you had splinters of glass fly into your eyes, as it could have been if our girls had been in their cars at the time

And that is why I dont think JohnP's car was hit by a bird, Pigeon or Pheasant. I had a Duck come head on at me in my old Peugeot 306, I was doing 55 the Duck looked flat out  (what is the top speed of a Duck ???) But the screen stayed put, in fact not a mark on it apart from Duck juice!

I wouldn't discount a stone hitting it although the impact area looks quite large, stones tend to leave a fairly obvious mark. One of our trucks once got hit by a sizable lump of ice from a passing airliner!

Hi John, if you've said green, then they'll have the wrong glass, yours is the "purple" one, its whats called a solar reflective screen. so id get hold of them asap, it may be the case now they wont be able to get the correct one until Monday though, not many of the smaller branches get deliveries over weekends.

And yes, sad as it is I could tell what vehicle you drive from a couple of pics of the windscreen.

Archived