Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Golden-ringed Dragonfly.

JohnP

He's a beauty John - so clear and bright.

Paul.

Paul... I had my macro lens and a 12mm extension tube on my Canon 60D and this Dragonfly was about 8 feet away so I used my Panasonic FZ100. I don't use it much these days, I just thought I'd give it an outing today so I popped in my rucksack as a last minute thing before leaving home this morning.

I seem to be getting quite good at finding the exact same insect on more than one occasion. Recently I posted shots of a rare form of a female Silver-washed Fritillary butterfly that I had photographed two days apart, both sightings were within about 100 yards of one another. I carefully studied the markings on her wings and there was no doubt it was the same butterfly. Well I've done it again with this Dragonfly, I posted two shots on the forum on 1st July and again after very careful study of the body markings I have concluded that this Dragonfly is the same one. Unlike the butterfly it's over five weeks since I first photographed it and it was from exactly the same place on the stream. I'm going to try and find out how long they live as I did find a dead male there yesterday, this male was still chasing females though.

• 2 weeks later...

Very very nice shot. Did you mean the FZ100, and not the FZ1000? Only I used to have the FZ100 and really enjoyed it, I now have the FZ200. Dragonfly's are very territorial and can be found in the same areas  quite often. But that is a fantastic shot, well done.

Steve 

Very very nice shot. Did you mean the FZ100, and not the FZ1000? Only I used to have the FZ100 and really enjoyed it, I now have the FZ200. Dragonfly's are very territorial and can be found in the same areas  quite often. But that is a fantastic shot, well done.

Steve 

I have an FZ100 Steve and that was used to take this shot.

Archived