Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello from new member Jeff

Well, not so much Chorley itself, more little villages like Heapey, Euxton and Whittle-le-Woods. Mind you, we're talking of early Industrial "troobbl at t'mill" Revolution days. Back when NO-ONE expected the Spanish Inquisition...

Hmmm.

Euxton a little village? More like a conglomeration of post war estates. I should know because I used to live there!!, And now there is Buckshaw Village next to it on the former huge ROF site.

And W l W ismuch the same.

You forgot to mention Brinscall although the locals still refer with disdain to the folks who live on jam butty estate. But it is an ok place although the 55" of rain p.a. is a pain and the wind always blows

And there was much trouble at t'mill when the Militia put down a few revolting peasants at Birkacre a' stairt o' t'induztrial revolution but I think those days are past now that we have moved into a post industrial phase.

Just back from town watching the locals enjoying their morning pasties around Market Street. Good to see the kids putting on a few pounds ready for rigours of the winter to come.

Jeff ( plotting my escape to the sunny south )

Hmmm.

Euxton a little village? More like a conglomeration of post war estates. I should know because I used to live there!!, And now there is Buckshaw Village next to it on the former huge ROF site.

And W l W ismuch the same.

You forgot to mention Brinscall although the locals still refer with disdain to the folks who live on jam butty estate. But it is an ok place although the 55" of rain p.a. is a pain and the wind always blows

And there was much trouble at t'mill when the Militia put down a few revolting peasants at Birkacre a' stairt o' t'induztrial revolution but I think those days are past now that we have moved into a post industrial phase.

Just back from town watching the locals enjoying their morning pasties around Market Street. Good to see the kids putting on a few pounds ready for rigours of the winter to come.

Jeff ( plotting my escape to the sunny south )

Ah. My memories of accompanying dad in the early 80s are getting rather hazy now. I do remember we found a rural water mill (or the remains of same) near Euxton, but I remember nothing else about that day. I think in my mind I confused Whittle-le-Woods (where I possibly never went) with White Coppice where there was a definite village feel, even down to a cricket match on the green. Yes, Brinscall was also one of dad's haunts. So too was Darwen, but that was more an excuse for a pub lunch with magnificent scenery, than any ancestor-hunting!

(I just Googled White Coppice, and aside from the magnificent scenery, the cricket team is apparently relatively famous, so we were lucky there was a match in progress!)

Welcome! I cant decide what picture I should introduce my self in :/

Hi John - welcome!

Why not start a new topic to introduce yourself? Just click on Welcome Centre (above, top) then start one, then you can tell us more about yourself. :)

Welcome to you all of the new members that I may have missed.

As you may hsve gathered, the other members are a bit more than a little mad, but they are really great people. :)

a BIT more than a LITTLE mad??? Be truthful, Tina - I'm barking and there's worse even than me :lol:

• Like 1