Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

NEW VISITORS

FUJI

Our back garden is really tiny, so to have two new visitors was a real treat.....

The Blue Dragonfly was a real bonus, we rarely if ever see one if these........it kept on flying off at my approach, then suddenly decided I wasn't a threat, so decided to pose for me.

They arent the easiest of insects to focus on owing to their length and thinness, their colour doesn't help either?

The tiny moth was a really fast mover, i was lucky to get this shot, the best of at least a dozen..................I would guess that it is no more than a 25mm triangle.

Best viewed LARGE.........Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-86181000-1402150876.jpg

post-4-0-59650800-1402150904.jpg

post-4-0-30205100-1402150932.jpg

Wonderful captures Fuji....the damsels and dragons are pretty tricky to get, like you say.

The moth is Anthophila fabriciana....the only reason I know this is I had one ID the other day...those micro moths are a nightmare to ID...

Thank you folks,

The ability to ID the macro life we capture for TIPF has come on leaps and bounds in the past couple of years, thanks to our resident experts Annie, Paul, Bugsy and Johnp........especially when they come up with the Latin name too.

That little moth was on and around nettles, I was surprised at how much dashing around it was doing.......are they hunting for something I wonder?

The Azure Blue, came as a complete surprise to me, it stood out like a flying neon sign so couldnt be ignored ........ I noted that whenever it was dusturbed it kept returning to almost the same spot on our Bay shrub, so I was able to await its return, I eventually managed to get in as close as I dare by moving very slowly towards it.

FUJI

Archived