Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yellow House

Martyn

I would appreciate your comments on this picture. I took this in Cartmel after being disappointed that the Priory was closed and was determined to try and make the best of a wasted journey. 

13945201179_b310d667bc_b_d.jpg

Martyn, whilst not the most interesting of pictures (little human interest might have helped) it is well composed, exposure is spot on with a nice sky, foreground and depth, the eye goes straight to the main event (the house) due to the colour. Simply put it is what it is - but please... don't use selective colour on it  :o

For me,

A drastic crop, right up to the darker trees from the left and down removing all those dangly branches..........or......go back to reframe with all of the posted suggestions in your head.

The scene has great potential, but you missed it a little.

FUJI

Martyn, whilst not the most interesting of pictures (little human interest might have helped) it is well composed, exposure is spot on with a nice sky, foreground and depth, the eye goes straight to the main event (the house) due to the colour. Simply put it is what it is - but please... don't use selective colour on it  :o

I couldn't put it better. You've made the very best of something that otherwise wouldn't stand out from the crowd.

Thank you all for the comments, very much appreciated! I nearly didn't take this shot, then thought I'll probably kick myself for not taking it when I get home. I feel it's a "nice" shot. There are several things about it that fulfill basic rules of composition, the exposure is ok and the picture is generally pleasing. But it does lack a sense of excitement, a wow factor, a story or a real point of interest.

Ah well, onward and upwards; better shots to be taken, more interesting pictures to process!

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for the comments, very much appreciated! I nearly didn't take this shot, then thought I'll probably kick myself for not taking it when I get home. I feel it's a "nice" shot. There are several things about it that fulfill basic rules of composition, the exposure is ok and the picture is generally pleasing. But it does lack a sense of excitement, a wow factor, a story or a real point of interest.

Ah well, onward and upwards; better shots to be taken, more interesting pictures to process!

You didn't really need other people to tell you!

I agree with your self-criticism and recognise the process of recording "nice"images in accordance with the "rules" only to find they are only a record of a nice scene. I have hundreds of similar images :-((

I guess we have become too conditioned by looking at photographs and listening to judges to break free.

Keep trying.

I should add that when I got a digital SLR I went to Cartmel and took a photo of the priory. Nice subject, good light but wholly unoriginal and an ok record shot but nothing else.

Cheers

Jeff

Archived