Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Poppy.

Sorry, but the image is Two dimentional, and have to say it does not pop out really

The use of apeture in this is quite poor, as to help the shot I feel the stem of the poppy would need to be in sharp focus...

Again I cant grab the file info, so cant offer a differing camera settings

Steve

Sorry, but the image is Two dimentional, and have to say it does not pop out really

The use of apeture in this is quite poor, as to help the shot I feel the stem of the poppy would need to be in sharp focus...

Again I cant grab the file info, so cant offer a differing camera settings

Steve

Aww! C'mon Steve.............. There is lots of detail in there waiting to be eked out with just a bit of PS tiffling............if it was a very wide aperture the lens has a short DOF ......the petals are in focus........also, what makes it appear to jump is the clashing of two colours that are opposites on he colour wheel.

My verdict........a pic with great potential, lots of bite, appeal and colour.....just a tad more care over camera settings.

FUJI

Always agree FUJI, colour in the image is great, but the poppy leaves are soft in focus showing the poor use of aperture...

To really enhance the image the stem should really be in focus, as otherwise the DOF does suffer...

Just MHO as always

Steve

I've added some settings to the image. Now I'll give a little more info. The poppy stem was bending forward and so the actual flower was some way closer to me than the stem, suppose had I used f11... the background would then have been more in focus. I appreciate what Steve said but getting a good result was not as easy as it might appear to the casual observer. I would also like to add that I didn't really post this to show either it's good or bad qualities, most people on here will know why I posted it, neither did I say anything about the image as I preferred to remain silent.

over the years i have found that 'red' is one of the most hardest colours to get right, it is one of those colours (especially in flowers) when it is either too bright or looks not in focus as there is no definition between the petals, i have found the best time to take a shot like this is when it is a dull day (overcast) as the light is then toned down a little.

the shot itself (for what it is worth) is a shot of a poppy, the background is well blured and the flower fills the frame. i would have liked to have seen it in portrait taken a few step back with more of the stem, i think that would have more of an impact.

geoff

Archived