Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

New (old) guitar

I sold this to my friend a couple of years ago, and it was one of those ones where I regretted it almost immediately.

Thankfully, he decided to sell it and gave me first refusal, so I snapped his hand off!

Won't be letting it go again :)

Thought I'd treat it to some glamour shots :D

All shot with my Fujifilm X-T4 & Viltrox 13mm F/1.4.

DSCF8425.thumb.jpeg.e06df87611c8dc3116c574f3b1ef171f.jpeg

DSCF8421.thumb.jpeg.12fab3c1147498a294bca2e173bc8424.jpeg

DSCF8424.thumb.jpeg.2785546157a5d6e4258519ffdd5ab510.jpeg

• Like 2

I like the idea of the first pic Kerry  with the  tuning keys and head of the guitar in focus with the shallow depth of field  displaying the fret board and the main body of the guitar.  I'm afraid the material  though just doesn't work for me  ....not sure why ... maybe it's the texture and   pattern that is distracting .  Maybe a  plain flat surface with slightly reflective shine  would work better   and   I wonder if any other complementary objects  in a blurred background  like sheet music , a music stand or  guitar case and some creative lighting.  Just a thought as it looks like  beautiful instrument and I can see the potential for some really  super images . Still ... you may well disagree and it 's just my opinion  so hope you don't mind  me saying so .. Others may disagree entirely  😉

• Like 1

It would  maybe be good to try the guitar resting on a stool ( as if someone had been sat on it playing the guitar earlier )  in  a similar position and dof as you had before ... and some musical objects in the far background    .... ie  a  drum kit , keyboard,  music stand  etc  that  were blurred enough maybe   not to distract but obvious enough to add  interest and context to the  guitar .. anyway ... worth a try maybe...

You may find this video helpful.. It's by one of my peers and a  great photographer and worth watching in my opinion ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxoYxZpujbc

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A great shot, i really like it. 
But like Clicker said sometimes less is more.
On the 2nd and third shots... Maybe concentrating on a specific part of the guitar might lead the eye, like you did on the 1st shot.
Craig

• Like 1
On 31/01/2024 at 10:52, Craig said:

A great shot, i really like it. 
But like Clicker said sometimes less is more.
On the 2nd and third shots... Maybe concentrating on a specific part of the guitar might lead the eye, like you did on the 1st shot.
Craig

In hindsight, the first shot is the only one I should have posted. The other two were for a guitar forum actually, so they were more "look at my new guitar" than "look at this photo I took" :)

Thanks!

• Like 1