Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SHHHHH! ARTIST AT WORK

FUJI

This is just one of the frames I shot in the Tattoo Parlour earlier today, not all are up to this, because it took me a little time to set my new camera to suit the light in there....a mixture of bright daylight and flourescent tubes.

I used my kit 14-45 lens which I am beginning to appreciate more and more..............I cant thank the Artist and his client enough for their joint generosity of spirit, in allowing two stranger photographers to work so closely to the action....we had a fantastic day out.

My mate, was getting even closer, with an Olympus prime 45 lens?....he was able to control the DOF better than me.

I have checked this as a potential mono study too, it seems to work, so will process it as and when I'm in the right frame of mind..........

Best viewed LARGE......Click on Pic:

Should you ever get the chance, get permission to shoot inside a Tattoo Parlour :yes

FUJI

post-4-0-54771300-1396377925.jpg

It is a fantastic shot Fuji....You have captured great detail and colour in this one, plus his concentration just oozes out of the picture...I really like this shot. 

I have two tat's  myself, but I do wonder why they do this to themselves...each to his own and all that but these things are for life. It's an art form on it's own, and I do love the work they do. 

Should you ever get the chance, get permission to shoot inside a Tattoo Parlour  :yes

FUJI

One of the things Fuji I have on my To Do list, after seeing some pictures a lady tog friend of mine shot, but I would like to see some more of yours if possible?

It is a fantastic shot Fuji....You have captured great detail and colour in this one, plus his concentration just oozes out of the picture...I really like this shot. 

I have two tat's  myself, but I do wonder why they do this to themselves...each to his own and all that but these things are for life. It's an art form on it's own, and I do love the work they do. 

Thanks Annie...................You wait until you see the shot with the tattoo he was working on...................it has taken the Artist eighteen months to outline, then colour all along one arm of his young, tattoo covered client, we were there as he coloured in a large tender area at the top of the shoulder..................the recipient was being very stoic, but I did notice quia few winces of agony.

FUJI

I must take a pic of the tattoo on Brians calf that I designed a celtic dagger, and secretly took to a tattooist who drew it out proper for transfer...I booked Brian in as a suprise xmas present...

I really don't understand the whole culture of tattoos, I simply just don't get it (that's the potted version of my opinions, btw).

But I just love this image - a superb subject, well shot and processed. A lovely piece of work, Fooj.

My only (very minor) crit would be the fact that the tattooist's right hand is cropped out. Still a smashing image though.

Korky

Ah! Korky.............above, you mention being and Old Hippy, so I guess that you are typing, sitting cross legged,  from inside your incense-fumed Yurt, wearing your Henna Tattoos, a Kaftan and a flower strewn Straw Hat?...... ;)  :rambo:

........what a picture? 

Seriously though........thank you for your kind words............the tattooists arm and hand were OOF owing to the shallow DOF in this shot, such is the, touch screen focussing capabilities of the GX7.............my other shots have both Artist and Client in focus; they will be posted after processing.

Tattoos arent my forte either, but according to our welcome yesterday, tattoo wearers enjoy showing them off.

FUJI

Erm. [Pulls confused face]. How come the previous post appears to be from Korky, but contains both Korky's post and Fuji's apparent reply to it? Unless Korky has pre-empted Fuji's response and made up the entire thing?????

If it had been yesterday, I would have thought 'Aha, April Fool', but ...

Whoops, might be because I'm an honoury moderator.......and in my old age I pressed a wrong button......should've been the QUOTE ONE.......what have I done.

Any proper Mods on please?

Mind you, I did see that someone was missing their Quote button earlier this morning.

FUJI

Archived