Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Small switch yard outside of town

Oooer Mark....a sinister feeling with a sense of foreboding on that second image especially .. interesting use of the leading lines  to  pull one into the  picture  on both of your images  and how the drama of the sky changes the mood  when ostensibly you are in the same place  just at different times ..MONO suits the subject too..

( btw ... I have deleted your double posting of this image  😉)

59 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Oooer Mark....a sinister feeling with a sense of foreboding on that second image especially .. interesting use of the leading lines  to  pull one into the  picture  on both of your images  and how the drama of the sky changes the mood  when ostensibly you are in the same place  just at different times ..MONO suits the subject too..

( btw ... I have deleted your double posting of this image  😉)

Thank you kindly, I go by there on my way to my Dr/pharmacy so I watched it for a couple years, usually on days that were  sunny or just had clouds with no definition, the days I shot these we expected thunderstorms. Perfect!😁

Oh I'm not a big fan of blue cloudless skies when it comes to photography either  Mark ...  give  me dramatic  cloud cover every time ....   or even just  those pearly, oyster  grey skies  that add perspective ... and   atmosphere .    Are you into trains  too as we have  a  few members who  keen on  capturing the age of steam as well as modern trains...

6 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Oh I'm not a big fan of blue cloudless skies when it comes to photography either  Mark ...  give  me dramatic  cloud cover every time ....   or even just  those pearly, oyster  grey skies  that add perspective ... and   atmosphere .    Are you into trains  too as we have  a  few members who  keen on  capturing the age of steam as well as modern trains...

we get quite a few thunder storms usually in the fall so that makes me happy, I like when the storm are just starting to break up, the skus can be so dramatic.

I am not as into trains as I used to be, that said I love steam locos. I am waiting for the recently restored Union Pacific big boy 4014 to come close. I have seen the UP challenger a bunch of times and the Southern Pacific Daylight a couple. of times.  also rode a few smaller excursion trains. fun stuff.

Interesting shots Mark, we don't usually have access to photograph the rails like this, but we do have a lot of heritage railways in the UK, there are at least 6 within 90 miles from where I live. In Haworth we have a USA built steam engine USA Transportation Corp 5820 that was built in Lima USA in 1945 for the war effort, it's nick named Big Jim

usa-5820-big-jim-9597.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

Interesting shots Mark, we don't usually have access to photograph the rails like this, but we do have a lot of heritage railways in the UK, there are at least 6 within 90 miles from where I live. In Haworth we have a USA built steam engine USA Transportation Corp 5820 that was built in Lima USA in 1945 for the war effort, it's nick named Big Jim

usa-5820-big-jim-9597.jpg

That's really cool!  I have a couple more from the switch yard and the Union Pacific main line. I spent most of my life living close to the "track"