Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CATANTICS!

Our rescue cat , Nala, has been with us for almost a year now ,  as you can see, she is beautiful, gentle, funny, and somewhat eccentric. She loves to hide in plain sight, her natural camouflage is incredible…. She still has bouts of the , Zoomies, but doesn’t climb as high, and she doesn’t break thing from high  sideboard displays as when she first arrived.

Here she has totally surprised my by literally flying on to my chair back, like a greased rocket..then sitting behind my head staring with those an]maxing yellow eyes of hers. her climbing tree is a great favourite too, as is hiding, or observing from the top of the stairs.

On meeting her first thing, or on me returning from outside, she automatically rolls right over, then stretches to her full length for a vigourus tummy rub… loves being brushe but not being picked up or cuddled… she prefers to choose herself if she wants attention, by bunting us white her hard pretty head.

She never demands food… makes a sachet of wet food last a morning…then helps herself from a bowl of best quality kibbles  and her water fountain…

We don’t let her outside, so she is a true house cat…. I have an escape -proof harness and lead, so one day I can take her into our tiny back garden…but not yet because it is like attempting to dress an clawed octopus just yet.

After her truly horrible start to life as a seriously abused kitten, she is  , happy, thriving, funny,,eccentric, lovable and cheeky … 

FUJI

2EC2677D-CF99-4132-BB5B-87B220F46147.jpeg

E0D962D8-1AD6-4E74-ACEC-03EFFA7F7B2A.jpeg

F57EAF1E-46C2-429D-8C2A-7F3728B713B5.jpeg

D1AE8C1D-5243-40CF-95AB-494762909D8D.jpeg

6DC94347-0863-483C-8E8E-207690CB2CE5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

She is very beautiful, Fuji :)
My Baz is a house cat because the front of this block of flats is on a busy main road!

So early on, I decided to buy him a harness and lead and he now knows he is going out when I put his harness on :) (He also has a collar that holds his Apple air tag, just in case I somehow lose him, I could track him with my iPhone.)

I recommend a harness (unlike the coat Baz is wearing here, which I found is not escape proof) that is buckled separately on the neck strap and the chest strap.  Don't buy a figure eight one, as if they pull suddenly, it can tighten with one strap whilst loosening the other.
Taking things slowly, introduce the harness/lead into the room.  If she investigates it, tell her she's a good girl and give her a treat.  When she's used to it being around, drape it over her, let her get used to the idea.  Praise plus treat.
Eventually, try it on her for a few moments, then take it off.  Praise plus treat.
When she eventually gets used to having it on, let her wander round the house with it,  Eventually introduce the lead in the same way. (Never leave her alone whilst wearing them, just in case they get stuck somewhere and get tight round their neck.
When she's OK with them both, open the door and introduce her to the garden.  Eventually, take her on little walks round the garden.  
It is NOTHING like walking a dog!  I take Baz along the local quiet lane.  A lot of the time is spent sniffing under hedges and suchlike.  I expect people in the local houses only see me, loitering around their street and talking to myself.
And he insists on walking along the top of gardens walls and peering into people gardens.  And windows! <sigh>

But if you are able to take her out like this, it will enrich her life, enable her to bird watch, etc.
(One of my duties with the local cat rescues, besides vet runs and fund-raising is going out to pick up cats who have been killed in road accidents, take them to a vet to be scanned to try to let their owner know.)
Good luck - with a bit of gentle exercise for you and a lot of entertainment for everyone :)

Baz-garden-4494.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, VWGolf said:

She is very beautiful, Fuji :)
My Baz is a house cat because the front of this block of flats is on a busy main road!

So early on, I decided to buy him a harness and lead and he now knows he is going out when I put his harness on :) (He also has a collar that holds his Apple air tag, just in case I somehow lose him, I could track him with my iPhone.)

I recommend a harness (unlike the coat Baz is wearing here, which I found is not escape proof) that is buckled separately on the neck strap and the chest strap.  Don't buy a figure eight one, as if they pull suddenly, it can tighten with one strap whilst loosening the other.
Taking things slowly, introduce the harness/lead into the room.  If she investigates it, tell her she's a good girl and give her a treat.  When she's used to it being around, drape it over her, let her get used to the idea.  Praise plus treat.
Eventually, try it on her for a few moments, then take it off.  Praise plus treat.
When she eventually gets used to having it on, let her wander round the house with it,  Eventually introduce the lead in the same way. (Never leave her alone whilst wearing them, just in case they get stuck somewhere and get tight round their neck.
When she's OK with them both, open the door and introduce her to the garden.  Eventually, take her on little walks round the garden.  
It is NOTHING like walking a dog!  I take Baz along the local quiet lane.  A lot of the time is spent sniffing under hedges and suchlike.  I expect people in the local houses only see me, loitering around their street and talking to myself.
And he insists on walking along the top of gardens walls and peering into people gardens.  And windows! <sigh>

But if you are able to take her out like this, it will enrich her life, enable her to bird watch, etc.
(One of my duties with the local cat rescues, besides vet runs and fund-raising is going out to pick up cats who have been killed in road accidents, take them to a vet to be scanned to try to let their owner know.)
Good luck - with a bit of gentle exercise for you and a lot of entertainment for everyone :)

Baz-garden-4494.jpg

WOW! ……. A huge thank you for all if this wonderful feedback…. Nala’s is still,a feisty very young adult , the introduction to her harness is a very slow one… I would rather be safe than sorry, we too live on a very busy main road, our old, and most of our neighbour’s cats have had expensive brushes with traffic, and, once,  with a lead-less racing greyhound ..

Nala spent the whole of her kitten-hood in a rescue vets hospital, with serious cruel, septic, lacerations of her abdomen,  then on being prepared for spaying  later they discovered cysts on her ovaries, meaning even more surgery… we rescued her from a foster carer. They , and we have been totally amazed at her transformation , from a terrified bundle into the confident , funny, strong feline she is today.

Thank you again.

FUJI

• Like 2

You're very welcome, Fuji
What a terrible start to her life, poor Nala.
I'm so glad she has you, who not only gave her a new home, but did so knowing her history.  And for your understanding of her past shaping her needs now and how to deal with all that.  :) x

• Like 1