Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

First firewood day.....

Checked out the new area, and got our first load:

025a_zpsc22e7cc5.jpg

Not the biggest load ever, but it was a bit warm, and we forgot our earmuffs, so a bit noisy!! This will be added to our collection and probably used in 2017!

The usual dirt tracks in and out - this one was quite decent:

027a_zpsb6648600.jpg

As usual the textures and colours in every single piece of wood 'tell a story', of survival or invasion:

029a_zps60364e79.jpg

023a_zps9a3ef94c.jpg

031a_zps0e9047bf.jpg

And.... just for Heather....didn't see your comment in the shoutbox until we were half way through lunch! They actually didn't have what we went for which was these. Yummy, but messy!!!:

hdr01x_zps99526ec2.jpg

So I had to make do with a beautiful light Lemon Biscuit, and Hubby had already finished his Chunky Chocolate Chip Muffin :D

016a_zpsceb9c4dd.jpg

wow collecting logs that will be used in 2017, just shows the difference in the way of life, you want heat in 2017 you go cut logs in 2014, we wait till 2017 and turn the central heating on 

Love the close ups of the surface patterns Kobione......worked up with a little post processing they would make good Abstract wall hangers:

There is one blessing for you.......You firewood must be bloody dry???

FUJI

Thanks all - it's the textures and colours of the wood that fascinate me. I take literally dozens of photos, and use some of them as desktop background. No two are alike.

Richard - not everybody collects wood in advance like we do. Some just wait until the weather gets cold and then say "Oh, we'd better go get some wood', but by then the designated areas have been cleaned out. We'll continue to do it our way, because we enjoy it too! :D

Fuji - yes - this load was very dry!!!!!! Technically we are only supposed to collect green wood, but there was plenty that had been felled late last season - so we did it!!

Archived