Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A real F1 car............................

JohnP

I thik the whistle and crackle of the v6's is cute not struck on the plastic tyres or the drs

You just have the feeling that this season they may have stepped over the mark and built far too complicated power trains for there own good

As for double points at abu dabbi (this may not be the end as senile Eccleston wants double points at the last three and is pushing hard for it ) well bring on the pantomine horse to do the chequred flag

• Like 1

I gave up watching F1 ages ago...it just all got to boring for me. I may try getting back into it again when the new seasons starts.

I burnt a hole in the carpet once over F1...I got so excited over Damon Hill, I jumped up and me fag shot out of me hand, I never found it till it was too late and had scorched a hole...! 

Anne the rules have all changed for 2014-2020 here is an example

Its all been made so much simpler for us to understand I dont think

You may now see why I said they could be just too clever for there own good

It is going to be who can be the fastest by going slowly (fuel saving plus plastic tyres plus reliability)

The engine, of which only 8 could be used last season has now changed to the power train

The power train, this consists of six componats and you can only use 5  of each without a penalty

This is where it becomes fun  

After 5 changes the 6th one incurs a 10 place grid drop BUT after the 6th change the 7th incurs only a 5 place penalty BUT if the whole power train after the 5th needs to be changed then they will be starting from the pit lane

Simples  

The six componants are

The Engine (the bit with the pistons)

The MGU-k (very close to kers as of last season ) it stands for motor generator unit - Kinetic

The MGU-H (uses the waste energy from the turbo ) it stands for motor generator unit - Heat

The ES (batteries or capacitors to store the energy from the above two) it stands for electrical store

The turbo (creates forced air into the cylinders driven by the exhaust gas )

The CE (this controls the whole issue) it stands for control electrics  

Both the MGU-K and the MGU-H together are known as the ERS (electrical recovery system)

Here are some of the artifical aides and limitations of the new rules

There is  brake by wire , the harvesting of power under braking (MGU-K)  has a itself a braking effect so the actual braking by the driver is electrically modifyed so that everything dosnt lock up

And DRS (drag reduction system) that artifical wrecks the rear down force  is left alone

And the last seasons kers push to pass has been incorperated electrically with the accelerator pedal It can also now release 160bhp for 120 seconds or fractions there of

Plus the fuel is limited to 100kg

As for body rules well the uglies are out there to see

I am sure the coming season will be intresting along the last man standing theory

• Like 1

I will eat my hat if ever there is a London F!....Londoners would not be happy footing the bill for that..and her up at the big house won't be impressed with the noise!

I used to be well up on F! facts and figures Fuzzy....but like I said I lost interest when the same guys were going round in the same circles chasing the same arses .... lack of overtaking and all of that....I was always a fan of watching what was happening with pit stops and fuel loads, who would need to stop once, who would need to stop twice etc. I am gonna make a real effort to fire up my enthusiasm for the sport again this year....My fav circuit was always Spa...hated the Monaco circuit...

Edited by annie

I ought to go to the I.O.M. T.T. races again, I went 15 times in the late 60's to 80's... I went on crutches once. It takes real men and the occasional lady to ride there. Averaging over 130mph around a 37.75 miles course with all the bends, walls, lamp posts etc is amazing.

We are trying to organise a trip to the F1 GP. Won't be on the actual race day, because we find that a bit boring too, and the event has 'lost something' for us. Depends on whether our neighbour is available to doggie-sit for us. 

We may be able to go on the Friday, but they have stuffed it all up a bit for us by making them 'twilight meetings'. There are some things necessary on the day for us - the V8 Supercars must get out on track, the F18 flyover, access to the V8 Village and the Historic Cars area in the pits, and being able to watch some F1 practice.

We love the sounds and the atmosphere, and it's held in a great place, (not so great for photos because of all the fences now!), but we will miss out on some bits because we have to leave for home at about 4.00pm We'll see!!

Give me .....Superbikes......or......MotoGP any day......

Real men......much overtaking.........great thrills and spills.........edge of seat viewing.

FUJI

Do you think so Fuji

Read Mr Rossi's view Safer but its all electronic artificial

http://tractioncontrolinmotogp.weebly.com/valentino-rossi.html

I ought to go to the I.O.M. T.T. races again, I went 15 times in the late 60's to 80's... I went on crutches once. It takes real men and the occasional lady to ride there. Averaging over 130mph around a 37.75 miles course with all the bends, walls, lamp posts etc is amazing.

With all the aides its still a very exciting course with exciting riders like guiness and guy

Anything that stops bloody Vettel prancing off with the Championship YET AGAIN is ok in my book! Bring it on...

But the interest was seeing if any other team / team mate could beat him or make a car as good as the bull

The championship is the end game its the battles at the races thats the interesting bit and they arnt always up front

Hi, Fuzzy,

What that interview and yourself imply is that modifications and adjustments to Bikes Is cheating.......take that to its logical conclusion you should remove the tread from tyres, have cable brakes with shoes that rub on wheel rims......oh Yes.......adding an engine was cheating too .....

Just havin' a laugh ;-)

FUJI

Hi, Fuzzy,

What that interview and yourself imply is that modifications and adjustments to Bikes Is cheating.......take that to its logical conclusion you should remove the tread from tyres, have cable brakes with shoes that rub on wheel rims......oh Yes.......adding an engine was cheating too .....

Just havin' a laugh ;-)

FUJI

I know what you mean

BUT racing has always been man and machine against each other It is now swinging more and more to machine against machine

Taking it to an extreme logic scalectric controled by computers will be the racing of the future

Can you explain to me why a failed gearbox ALWAYS results in a grid penalty? After all, they can change engines (up to the maximum number allowed), and just about anything else too, so why doesn't the same rule apply to gearboxes? Always seems grossly unfair to me.

It is very similar to the power trian rules for gearboxs

They have to use the same gearbox for 6 consecutive races any unsheduled changes means a 5 place drop

If a driver fails to finish that is beyond his or his teams control then he may start with a new gearbox without incuring a penalty

Gearbox ratio's are fixed for the season and cogs and dog rings may only be changed if the FIA are satisfyed there is physical damage

Red Bull have to homoligate there engine today (its the last day) which means roughly what they have now is what they have all season and that dosnt look too good

The FIA is mainly French and Renault is French so there may be a work around for them

It is very similar to the power trian rules for gearboxs

They have to use the same gearbox for 6 consecutive races any unsheduled changes means a 5 place drop

If a driver fails to finish that is beyond his or his teams control then he may start with a new gearbox without incuring a penalty

Gearbox ratio's are fixed for the season and cogs and dog rings may only be changed if the FIA are satisfyed there is physical damage

Red Bull have to homoligate there engine today (its the last day) which means roughly what they have now is what they have all season and that dosnt look too good

The FIA is mainly French and Renault is French so there may be a work around for them

But surely, if a team changes a gearbox knowing it incurs a penalty, then it must be damaged? That's what I mean by unfair. A damaged gearbox is penalty enough I'd have thought, like a puncture.

The rule is to bring down costs therfore the gearbox must last 6 consecutive races any less and a penalty is given

same as the componants of the power train must not exceed 5 or get a  penalty

But surely, if a team changes a gearbox knowing it incurs a penalty, then it must be damaged? That's what I mean by unfair. A damaged gearbox is penalty enough I'd have thought, like a puncture.

Its the teams job to ensure they last, no one race wonders or qualifying only bits  

The rule is to bring down costs therfore the gearbox must last 6 consecutive races any less and a penalty is given

same as the componants of the power train must not exceed 5 or get a  penalty

Its the teams job to ensure they last, no one race wonders or qualifying only bits  

Still doesn't make sense to me - they have 6 engines they can use for the season, and they can change tyres up to the maximum allowed per race especially if there is a tyre failure. So why doesn't this also apply to gearboxes? Why don't they allow them the same number of gearboxes as engines for the season, and say that when they are used up that's it?