Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE FERRET MAN

FUJI

I met this clourful character yesterday afternoon, I plucked up the courage to take a portrait....he readily agreed as long as he could show me what was inside his jacket.

Sorry about the quality and the flare on his face, I had my 70-300 on complete with polariser.....I just couldnt ask him to faff about into the right light.....(I wish I had now)..............................I post this mainly for Nanny:

I am hoping that he is a regular visitor to our poolside, if he emails for a copy, I will oblige, then ask if I can arrange to take a much better shot of him:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

FUJI

post-4-0-27608700-1393340473.jpg

post-4-0-64507100-1393340485.jpg

Smashing Portrait, Fuji. 
I don't know the man, unless he has been to one of Mercia's ferret shows, but that's a gorgeous little poley he has.
Did you hold it?

I am dreading my last two going, but as we are getting older and with the arthritis, it's getting harder to get over the board which is across the living room door for their safety.
Angel is four this year so I am hoping we will have old Gwyneth and Angel for a good while yet.

Smashing Portrait, Fuji. 

I don't know the man, unless he has been to one of Mercia's ferret shows, but that's a gorgeous little poley he has.

Did you hold it?

I am dreading my last two going, but as we are getting older and with the arthritis, it's getting harder to get over the board which is across the living room door for their safety.

Angel is four this year so I am hoping we will have old Gwyneth and Angel for a good while yet.

Me ....hold a FERRET????............No way!.........Nanny............they BITE!! :no  :no  :no

I have to admit, Im not at all keen on pet rodents................you have to be a special kind of person to love something like that.  :respect:

FUJI

Me ....hold a FERRET????............No way!.........Nanny............they BITE!! :no  :no  :no

I have to admit, Im not at all keen on pet rodents................you have to be a special kind of person to love something like that.  :respect:

FUJI

I've never had one as a pet, but I think most mustelidae are wonderful little critters. Compo lives!

The picture of the gent is a real character shot of someone who has seen a lot, but I really like the eye contact. Not that easy with spectacles..

The ferret does look rather cute and inquisitive. I once met someone taking their ferret for a walk in St James park in London.. must see if I still have the picture (September 2004 I think)

I agree, that really is a cracking portrait - easily up there with your best work.

But........ just in case you though I might....... No, I don't want a bloody ferret. Not even a tame one that's had its teeth out. So don't ask. OK?

I yes, I do realise I could get a top b*llocking from the Ferret Lady for abusing a poor, wee beastie.

Korky

FUJI

And I thought you were an educated man, Fuji.  :o  :rofl:

Firstly, ferrets AREN'T rodents, they are carnivores the same as your cat is, and secondly, pet ferrets very rarely bite and they have to have a good reason. 

I would pick any ferret up if he was as tame as that one looks. In fact, I would pick any ferret up, and have handled wild polecats when visiting Rose at the rescue.

My old Gwyneth was a biter and is now one of the sweetest ferrets around and will give you a lovely kiss.

Fuji,

I really like that, if you have processed it I can't tell (background blur maybe) thats a good thing, if it looks PP'd I generally don't like em :)

as for the ferret, not for me, but each to their own :)

Fuji,

I really like that, if you have processed it I can't tell (background blur maybe) thats a good thing, if it looks PP'd I generally don't like em :)

as for the ferret, not for me, but each to their own :)

Hi, Leon,

Nope! No artificial blur, the background is.....as-taken......that is what happens when you take a portrait with a 300mm zoom, you need to be at least five feet back from your subject, they make a good portrait lens if you can hold them still.

The processing has been very gentle in this case......I am thinking that you think that I spend hours tiffling around.....noo.

The RAW original is kept, I work on a copy, check the exposure, then do quick AUTO checks for Levels, curves And a Colour, .....when I'm happy, I create a layers, then on each one I use soft brushes to gently discover all the tiny nuances of tone and contrast via Curves and Levels ......after I'm happy, I do a little selective sharpening to enhance the textures, that are already there but need boosting, which is what processing from RAW is all about.

On average, I don't spend more than half an hour at most, to bring out the best in my kept and posted shots, it is second nature to me now; the fact that I have been drawing and painting all my life helps a great deal.

My big problem area on this portrait is the over exposed RHS of his face, nothing I could do about it, which is why I really hope to meet him and his missus again one day.

FUJI

I agree, that really is a cracking portrait - easily up there with your best work.

But........ just in case you though I might....... No, I don't want a bloody ferret. Not even a tame one that's had its teeth out. So don't ask. OK?

I yes, I do realise I could get a top b*llocking from the Ferret Lady for abusing a poor, wee beastie.

Korky

Aah! Go on.

I had never handled a ferret, and only saw one in a cage outside a pet shop many years before I had mine and it grabbed at my heart, and believe me, they soon creep into your heart once you have had one or two. Well, they must do, or I would never have had 32 of the beautiful little creatures.

When they  dance and dook (chuckle) they make you laugh, when they are poorly you sit up all night syringing water and blended food,

When you know they haven't long left.in this world you lie on the settee all night with your hand resting on them in their little bed, or they lay in your arms and take their last breath.

If I could convince just one person to take on a rescue ferret, then I would guarantee that person would end up being besotted by the little balls of fun.

My big problem area on this portrait is the over exposed RHS of his face, nothing I could do about it, which is why I really hope to meet him and his missus again one day.

FUJI

I think it looks Ok. It just shows that there is more light on that side.

Sometimes people in real life look very bright on certain parts of their face when it is a very bright day. It looks natural to me.

I think you are being to critical of your work.

Archived