Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Rough weather......

We've just had a severe wind change, which created a dust storm, coming in from the west. You can see the start of it here, as it moved across. The wind was so fierce I couldn't even open the back door to take a shot, had to do it through the sliding door window:

002a_zps2fa80b1d.jpg

Looking further right:

003a_zps8d858a04.jpg

And it really spooked the ponies next door:

015a_zps893e5746.jpg

We still have the wind, but the dust has cleared - hope we get some rain now!!

That dust looks nasty! No wonder the ponies are freaked.

I hope you get your rain to cool everything down, Dee..

The wind took half of our fence down on Friday. I have never known such a ferocious wind in my whole life.  

Michael Fish's 1987 storm? Mind you, I did sleep through that one!

I don't know. It's the worst that I've know here in the Midlands. Perhaps it was worse elsewhere in 1987. Coastal places normally get it worse than us, but this was awful so I'm glad that I wasn't on the coast with it as bad as it was.

Thank goodness it's calmed down now.

Yes, I think the South bore the brunt. I too was living in the Midlands in '87 which is probably why I was able to sleep through it.

I don't know. It's the worst that I've know here in the Midlands. Perhaps it was worse elsewhere in 1987. Coastal places normally get it worse than us, but this was awful so I'm glad that I wasn't on the coast with it as bad as it was.

Thank goodness it's calmed down now.

1987 was interesting :rolleyes: to say the least.

I was on night shift in London and my usual 10 minute trip home took about 60 mins because of fallen trees and chimney pots. Fortunately where i was working was near a hospital so the power was reconnected quite quickly. The local park was a bit of a mess though.

Getting back to the dust storm, that does look particularly unpleasant, some rain would really help, and here's hoping you get some soon.

All settled down now - and we got a WHOLE 2mm OF RAIN!! Wow!! We could easily do with 20mm, but never mind.

We were lucky, the storm front was South of us, and there was heaps of damage and trees down as it moved through, and loss of power in some areas. The worst we got was the house shaking.

Paul the ponies are OK, they all scooted round the end of the shed, and didn't come out again until things settled down. :D

Glad your fence is getting sorted, Tina.

The weather is crazy!! Snow is forecast for the High Country today - so soon after our 40C deg days!!!!! We have jumpers on, currently 8C deg.

Archived