Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A day out with the camera

The winter light in England is not quite so pure especially for wildlife. So some of these were harder to get than some, and I can't wait to get some light for birds in the summer months over here.

There are a couple of candid street photography shots, "Cooking" and "Wraps and Fags - No Thanks!"

One is of a busker, setting up for the day (note his can of Cider!) and a single exposure (no HDR) inside an arcade (Millers Arcade in Preston) with a couple of chaps have a sit down/rest.

Then the wildlife ones are of cormorants which were 250 yards from the bird hide, hand held with a 1.4x extender on the Bigma (so that's 1120mm) - a blue tit in the tree tops at the sunniest part of the day this morning, both taken at a nature reserve in Preston.

Then the last three at the River Brock on the outskirts of the city - the area is known as Brock Bottoms (it's in a valley) - the first a Great Tit waiting it's turn at the feeding station for the Nuthatch to finish, followed by a long exposure shot of a feeder stream that runs down to the river, and then my shot of the day, a Dipper, a bird I have only ever seen at Brock, but this was taken at all the wrong settings, as I was in dull woodlands, with the camera set at widest aperture (f/6.3) but at ISO 100 and at just 1/30sec HAND HELD!!! The dipper was some distance away, and is only around 7 inches in size, so I am quite pleased with the result. Wait until summer... happy.gif

post-784-0-36046400-1391713606.jpg

post-784-0-29504800-1391713621.jpg

post-784-0-62893700-1391713641.jpg

continued....

All great shots Paul! I particularly like the Miller Arcade shot but I can't think why; maybe it's the low angle or the warm colours, but perhaps because I know this place and it's always a peaceful place to sit during a hectic days shopping!

Catching up here, Paul. A great set, and lovely selection of subjects - the Arcade one for me , and the last with the Dipper on the rock. Well done!!

Thank you Dee - those two are proving to have the edge.

Paul.

Archived