Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Self Portraits

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YES!   Natural Curly was in.......Here's the proof....Yours Truly taken in 1976 at Ilfracombe:

NB: This is a crop of a small snapshot, hence the artefacts after fiddling with it:

FUJI

CYRIL at Ilfracombe 1976 CLOSE UP minus specs.jpg

Edited by FUJI
  • 2 months later...

have you digitally removed your glasses in that one Fuji?

WHOOPS!

Hi, Richard

I haven't been back to this thread for ages, so didn't see your comment....you are very observant......posting this particular version of my portrait was a mistake.....because I had digitally removed my specs......Why?

Because way back in 1975 my pro artist mate did this portrait of me during an evening Portrait session at Art College.....the booked portrait model hadn't turned up, so I volunteered......then I poor got all about it.

A few years back, I met the artist who told me that the pastel portrait was in his loft.......he had it framed then gave it to me.

Sad thing is, few people now don't believe it's me, so I dug up that photograph taken in the same year, then digitally removed the specs to prove it really is me.

Here is the pastel drawing, which now hangs in my living room......my artist mate and I meet up for a coffee nearly every Friday......it is him who recently motivated me to return to painting.

Personally I prefer to see me in specs, Ive worn them since I was eleven.

FUJI

FUJI

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 1

Thought I'd upload a larger example of my avatar so you get the full experience :lol:

I didn't want the full experience, BP, I really didn't.

Since that jumped out of the screen at me I've had to have a lie down and take twice my usual amount of medication. I'm being monitored closely with a visit to A&E on the cards if I haven't settled by half-past-nine.

Do try to be a little more considerate in future.

Korky

• Like 1

I was once on a residential where one of women came up to me at breakfast one morning and said - with a twinkle in her eye - "I hear there's consternation among the men". I look round and said "It's ok - they've got All Bran this morning". :laughing:

• Like 1