Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Startled!

Charlie

Thanks folks. I should explain a bit about the squirrels. A few years ago I set up a wooden hide in a piece of woodland. I used to see maybe one or two Red Squirrels a year in the area, so they were by no means common. After the hide was up & working & I was taking shots of the local birds, what turned up one day but a Red Squirrel. Soon (with a bit of squirrel food) there were several coming. At the peak it was common to see 10 at the one time. Then disaster struck. Machines moved in to thin the trees in the neighbouring woodland & within weeks the numbers went down to a max of 4 at the hide. I kept on feeding & gradually the numbers recovered until now I have squirrels moving out into new areas. Red Squirrels are an endangered species in the UK & live with the constant threat of the deadly squirrel pox carried by the Grey Squirrel. This is why Greys tend to die if seen around here. There is a Red Squirrel project going on & they use my pictures for their publicity work etc. I meanwhile continue to feed my wee Red pals ( now feeding two seperate areas & am also thinning trees in our own 20 acre wood. This is to allow tree crowns to develop ( bigger crowns, more cones & drey sites) You will probably think me mad but I spend in excess of £2k of my own money every year trying to help out the wee reds. I trudge round that wood every morning around 6am in all weathers & at this time of year, in the dark, putting out food for them. They in turn continue to breed & they also allow me to take a few pictures.

Sorry for the long winded speel but I thought you might be interested.

As to photo distances. I used lenses from 50mm to macro, 70-200 & 300mm. You know you are close to a squirrel when its tail brushes your cheek! :thumbsu:

in my eyes Charlie your a star for caring!!

I love squezza's, the reds are awesome, sadly up in the NW as far as I know they only exist at Formby point in Merseyside, have only ever seen a few myself, never captured such a good mage as yours though.

wonderful information charlie, thanks for that. i am glad those nasty grey's die there...we have nothing but grey's here....the isle of wight is totally red squirrel country, but do you think i can find one when i am there...er no!

Archived