Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Album

Black Pearl

I wish to start a bit of a musical debate on here......I realise that we all have our differences in music preferences.....but a good deal of that is generational.....I am somewhat unique to gave listened to and enjoyed the pre-war music from 78 rpm wax records played with a needle on wind up Gramophones.....we knew no different so they sounded ok.

Then the amplified pick-up changed everything drastically, the JUKE BOX Bass/ Beat took us by storm.....after this Stereo changed everything again, as did the style of recording, and the production of music and songs, nowadays done digitally with oodles of digital mixing and post production, a bit like photography really.

Being defined as  a genuine OLDIE.....I have a very wide taste, in listening pleasure, from 1930s jazz/syncopated rhythms ....to 1940 s Glenn Miller, Andrew Sisters etc.....then Pre stereo but electronically amplified music....followed by amazing Strereo.....to the Digital offerings of today.....it is with the latter that I struggle.....because most of what you guys post Jar's on my ears, with mainly drums drowning poor diction.....and over cooking.

RIGHT!  Now for an example of what I mean.....please compare this with any of the offerings above.....but please give yourself time to close your eyes, then  simply listen.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Old Perry certainly had a smooth voice, but I find him (and this song) just a bit too schmaltzy for my taste - as soon as I reached the line about warm and tender bodies, I had to turn it off, take my medication and listen to a bit of proper music!

I, too have varied tastes in music (mainly folkie stuff, but other material does creep in) and I do share in this thread. My shares seldom get any form of response, but am I downhearted? Nah!

I genuinely think that as you get older, there's less and less need to appear 'cool' and so you become more open to music that at one time you wouldn't want your mates knowing you'd listened to. Here's an example, a bit of Andy Stewart - Did I enjoy it? Yes. Did it make me chuckle? Yes. Am I bothered about some young (or middle-aged) rapper dude thinking I'm a sad old fart? No! 

But don't get me started about rappers! I've added dollop of Stormzy so's you'll see why.

Korky

My collection: 452 albums from 219 artists. I like to think its eclectic but realistically it isn't. No crooners (of the Bing, Como, flavour), no rap, techno, ghetto, etc. I accept there's some music styles I won't embrace. I search out new songs/artists regularly and refuse to get stuck in the rut of listening solely to old favourites. My only gripe is that when I find a new artist/band, the ratio of good to 'meh' tracks they've produced is usually low.

Perhaps Fuji you've found your musical 'place' and got a little too comfy?

Edited by ChrisD

Thank you for your responses folks..

Oh Dear!

Chris, do you really think that I have reached that......one foot in the grave.....moment, when all fresh thought and  ideas come to a grinding halt?

I hope not.......perhaps you misunderstood what I was attempting to say, because, I forgot to mention that I do enjoy quite a bit of contemporary stuff seen and heard in this excellent thread.....

I still put my case, that many singers of today, just couldn't perform without all that electronic tackle boosting this and fading that, or adding tremolo, or depth to poor diction and note finding.

As I mentioned......almost, exactly the the same as Photography has developed over the years......from blackout-hoods and glass plates, to basic Box-Brownie, then 35mm, Twin-lens-reflex, Leica; Polaroid Instant......Digital, from mobile phones, point and shoot, DSLR s, Micro 4/3ds plus the progress from the chemicals stink of the film darkroom, the wait for the Chemist to develop and print, never mind the cost and the waiting afterwards, for what were often total failures......Now we have the luxury of armchair editing, pre-sets, software and our own method of high quality printing.......oh yes! as in music.....we often argue about NOISE!

Leaves the stage, headphones on, listening to his Doris Day/Mel Tormay/ George Formby mix. ? 

FUJI  

No Fuji the 'one foot in the grave moment' didn't cross my mind, and not my intent. I know people who are reluctant to expand their listening habits, and encourage them to explore outside of mainstream offerings. I agree there's a lot of junk music which is heavily promoted today, but in fairness it's been the case since the dawn of commercial recording. I don't criticise anyone's listening enjoyment, each to their own. :12_slight_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This should please quite a few of you.....

After you enjoy watching and listening....take a look and listen to the older mono vids of Les Paul and his lady ....forgive me, her name escapes me....Doh!

1 hour ago, fuzzyedges said:

colleen summers  later to be known as Mary Ford 

That's it.....Mary Ford.....I have been so impressed I purchased one of their very old albums from Apple Music....

please folks go on `YouTube to listen to a few amazing tracks....

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right!

A bit of musical edification fir you all now....

I hadn't seen or heard anything of Hiromi until I chanced upon her on YouTube last night.....totally bowled over, bedazzled and befujimicated .....what a girl?

Plays her music through her soul, and everything else.....if you like the Blues and Jazz then you should like what she does....don't just listen to this piece, have a trawl through her other stuff.....

I am thinking of acquiring one of her Lp's 

Please let me know what you think......don't like to watch?.....shove headphones on and just listen....absorb the vibes.

ENJOY!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I go completely off piste, because my musical tastes are extremely eclectic/diverse or whatever....I enjoy listening most things as long as it gives me pleasure....I have an excellent Bluetooth  CREATIVE ROAR SOUNDBLASTER SPEAKER which reproduces almost any sound faultlessly at all volumes.

Because of my advanced aged, my memory banks are stored with music of all era’s from the 1920 s on to yesterday, I dabble in all genres ....

Over the weekend it was the amazing close harmonies of the Andrew Sisters and the Ink Spots......a smidgeon Of Doris Day this afternoon.....but there is nothing stopping me from listening to Adele or Hiromi etc.

Earlier this evening I chanced upon this well produced set of 1920’s vintage syncopated rhythm..... not to everyone’s taste,but I grew up with it played on old Sind-up gramsphones during WWII and on radio programs.

I realise that it might be Completely alien to mist of you, but skip through to listen to the tracks you like, and wonder at the sheer enthusiasm and skills of the musicians, all improvising like mad.

what don’t I like?   Hevesy-heavy opera....plinky-plonky modern jazz on vibes.....rap......anything too percussion heavy or overdone electronics and effects.

FUJI