Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

tiltey angley pictures

Leon

got in touch with a semi pro photographer last week (friends with my brother in law and a potential customer too), he has regular access to race tracks even gets media access.

now even though I am not "slagging" his work off 95% of his pictures are at an angle, I know many publications like this but I just dont get it? even some wedding pictures I have seen are at an angle too?

what are your thoughts on this?

Do you mean as in 'wonky horizons'? If such things really ARE trendy, then I'm not at all in favour, though I'd be interested in seeing examples - do you have a link?

But just from the description it sounds on a par with all these dreadful trendy cameramen who film TV dramas using 'restless' 'unsteady' handheld video cameras and not caring one tiny jot about the TV viewers all suffering from seasickness watching their diabolical work.  :wallbash:

I think it very much depends on the subject.

With some, such as cars it can give an impression of movement even if they are static, just by creating the angle.

Also people dancing, if they are obviously "going for it" and getting a bit mad, then ok, shoot at an angle and it can add to the wackiness.

Generally I prefer my pictures to be straight (bugs can be at any angle), with maybe the odd one thrown in just to be different.

That said, if that's his style then maybe that's what he's known for and people go for his work because of it.

Do you mean as in 'wonky horizons'? If such things really ARE trendy, then I'm not at all in favour, though I'd be interested in seeing examples - do you have a link?

But just from the description it sounds on a par with all these dreadful trendy cameramen who film TV dramas using 'restless' 'unsteady' handheld video cameras and not caring one tiny jot about the TV viewers all suffering from seasickness watching their diabolical work.  :wallbash:

I cant really post a link, he's a prospective customer, could be deemed as bitching,  the last thing I want to is diss someone I don't know personally.

All depends of the image - sometimes it works sometimes it don't and it is a fine line between. A simple rule for me is - if you find yourself twisting your head to view the picture then the photographer has failed.

Chris - I hate those TV cameramen but especially the ones who have to move slowly around or back and forth while the actors are talking, really irritating :wallbash:  

Edited by colinb

AAAAARGH!

It's that blooming tree on the Moors again.........my other pet hate next to milky water, I wish I knew where it was, I'd take my chainsaw ;-)

Wonky horizons?.........nope!........having been a carpenter joiner in a very early previous life, wonky anything is an anathema.......like that wonky tower being built in London and that horrible pink wobbly community centre thing that has just been closed down in the West Midlands...........Mind you everything about me is wonky nowadays and getting worse day by day.

FUJI

• Like 2

The Leaning Tower of Pizza started it all off...BLAME THE ROMANS!!!!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously though I agree with most...its all down to the actual image. Paul, your tree works really well, maybe more so because of it being in a narrow Portrait and the rocks lead the eye to the tree, plus black and white can bring an arty look to shots anyway. And Korky I'm not sure...I don't dislike the shot but I cant say I really like it either.

Chris - I hate those TV cameramen but especially the ones who have to move slowly around or back and forth while the actors are talking, really irritating :wallbash:  

Yes! It's just 'orrible trendiness for the sake of it. Surely someone must realise during playback that it will simply irritate viewers or make them feel ill?

Love them when they add to the image in a dynamic way but they drive me insane if its just a badly cropped/photographed shot with a wonky horizon.

Yes, that's it exactly. The Malham tree at a 45º angle, or Korky's bridge, are fine shots, but if it's somewhere between 1 and 5º out, it's just plain annoying.

• 5 weeks later...

going to add to this rather than make another topic..... I continually see motorsport pictures which (without being big headed) are far far poorer quality than the ones I produce with a basic camera.... suppose in this world it's who you know not what you know how to do..

• Like 1

going to add to this rather than make another topic..... I continually see motorsport pictures which (without being big headed) are far far poorer quality than the ones I produce with a basic camera.... suppose in this world it's who you know not what you know how to do..

yes but - your opinion is not necessarily that of the rest of the world  :smiling:  :turned:

• Like 1

If it's accidental call it art haha!... Ok I like the way you have taken the strong vertical shapes of the rocks and at 45 degrees, weakened them to a point of vulnerability...Total art, see :)

No the waves didn't knock me off my feet, It is a study of Conceptual Colours in Nature :) Total art, see  :)

:harhar:

• Like 1