Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Man at the station

It's a good shot. I personally would have liked to not see the front of the train with its burned-out headlight (in other words the train simultaneously entering from the right and leaving to the left of the picture), and a slightly slower shutter speed to add more motion blur.

I've taken the liberty of amending your picture (I've had to crop it, which was only necessary to remove the front of the train - your composition is otherwise better).

post-677-0-27321600-1385725631.jpg

I realise it's a purely subjective thing but this amendment leaves the viewer asking "Is the train coming in? Or is it departing?" and I do like that kind of mystery / ambiguity.

It is interesting, I like both the train with the light there and without. I notice myself that the eye is drawn to the light, which could be a little distracting, but then on the other hand with it there it somehow gives the picture more expectancy. Otherwise the train could have left! But you are raising ideas for me to learn from and I am really grateful for that. Many thanks Chris and Terry. 

I do prefer the light to remain, it draws my eyes to the left of the shot.

I was on the tube the other week, a bit of a difference I know, but thought to myself that stations and people make fascinating subjects. Endless repetitive journeys and people, Where does everybody go to and come from :)

Good shot Tarlok 

love the idea, nice strong image 

personally i like the idea of the picture without the light... it makes me think more about the picture.. is the man waiting with excitement to get on the train and maybe start a new life somewhere or is he standing there watching someone take the train out of his life before turning around and setting off on his own adventure .... 

Archived