Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Around Morecambe

Martyn

I wasn't really going to share these images here, but I've had so many comments from friends on Facebook about my pictures of Morecambe I thought I would post a few more. I don't know what it is, but folks who said they would never visit Morecambe again because it is a dump have said they would come again. Even one of my friends who emigrated to Canada is now homesick. To me, these pics were just an excuse to try out a fast lens on scenes I see every day.

Queen St

10497722736_6c4501a19d_b.jpg

Old Lifeboat Station

10497738854_070db435e9_b.jpg

New Lifeboat Station

10747566683_8bc6d6905f_b.jpg

Thank you for the kind comments Bugs. I was talking to the guy on the desk next to me at work about photography today, we've both been watching videos on post production, myself in Lightroom and Roy in PS Elements, and we both noticed that many of the images that we see worked on are of Venice, Rome, Milan, Arizona or New York etc; All are iconic images from famous places. We fail to appreciate that there are also beautiful scenes to be found in our own back yards, there are angles and views that are overlooked; if we walk around a building there is an aspect we have not seen before; if we go earlier or later there is a new light quality. I have become even more determined to find new aspects of my home town that have not been discovered and I'm getting really excited about it.

Martyn, you know I love your Morecambe shots, and these are great to see.

determined to find new aspects of my home town that have not been discovered and I'm getting really excited about it

That's great, Martyn, it is so easy to overlook views that other people would rave over, or would find unique, simply because we are so 'used to them'. Go for it, and I'll be waiting. :D

Archived