Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Rob's First Images

Hello to all,

Here are my very first images with my new Canon gear. Please be gentle with me...lol... Trying to upload four images but it seems you can only upload one image at a time or is it just a case I am doing something wrong? All good opinions or bad opinions are very welcome!

Rob 

post-809-0-98954300-1382873952.jpg

I'm a relative newby to photography myself but here's my view on this shot anyway.

I really like this picture. I always shoot in RAW mode so I have greater room for manipulation later. I think you mentioned in one of your posts that you had Lightroom, I would use this to edit this picture. I think I would crop the right edge to get rid of the scaffolding, then maybe a small crop to the bottom. I would certainly paint areas of light by increasing exposure with the brush on the water. I would play with the sky to try and accentuate the clouds and get rid of that white blown out area on the top right. There are things I would play with but there are others who are far more proficient at these thing than me on the forum

I don't consider this as cheating. When you view a scene without a camera, your eyes "look around" the scene and take each piece of information and processes it to build up the scene. Your eyes may see the sparkle in the water, the moody clouds, the motion of the wheel etc. But when you take a photograph all these things are presented in a 2D format and you tend to look at the picture as a whole. The idea of editing, or post processing, is to accentuate these items in the picture to draw the eye in and lead it around so as to recreate the same sensation of seeing and discovery to the viewer. (that's my take on it anyway) Look on Youtube for tutorials by people like Anthony Morganti and Serge Ramelli.

I'm a relative newby to photography myself but here's my view on this shot anyway.

I really like this picture. I always shoot in RAW mode so I have greater room for manipulation later. I think you mentioned in one of your posts that you had Lightroom, I would use this to edit this picture. I think I would crop the right edge to get rid of the scaffolding, then maybe a small crop to the bottom. I would certainly paint areas of light by increasing exposure with the brush on the water. I would play with the sky to try and accentuate the clouds and get rid of that white blown out area on the top right. There are things I would play with but there are others who are far more proficient at these thing than me on the forum

I don't consider this as cheating. When you view a scene without a camera, your eyes "look around" the scene and take each piece of information and processes it to build up the scene. Your eyes may see the sparkle in the water, the moody clouds, the motion of the wheel etc. But when you take a photograph all these things are presented in a 2D format and you tend to look at the picture as a whole. The idea of editing, or post processing, is to accentuate these items in the picture to draw the eye in and lead it around so as to recreate the same sensation of seeing and discovery to the viewer. (that's my take on it anyway) Look on Youtube for tutorials by people like Anthony Morganti and Serge Ramelli.

Many thanks again. I saw a video on YouTube which suggested you should always shoot Raw so that is what I do. Mind you I do have Lightroom 5 which came with the camera and still feeling my way around that. Also I am still learning this site as I am trying to reply to all comments but not sure if they are going to the right place...lol...

Smashing first shot. I can't fault it, apart from maybe it needs straightening just a  tiny bit.

Easily done in Picasa.

Two words "Photobucket, Flickr"

Many thanks. Thinking of joining Flickr or Photobucket but which one is the best?

Not a 'techie' comment from me Rob, but I have enjoyed looking at your pictures, because I can no longer see them 'for real'. Yes, I have walked across the bridge, many years ago, and love seeing places that bring back memories.

Think you have been given some advice about Photobucket & Flickr, I'm on both, but tend to use Photobucket for on here.

Keep it up, you're doing OK :D

Not a 'techie' comment from me Rob, but I have enjoyed looking at your pictures, because I can no longer see them 'for real'. Yes, I have walked across the bridge, many years ago, and love seeing places that bring back memories.

Think you have been given some advice about Photobucket & Flickr, I'm on both, but tend to use Photobucket for on here.

Keep it up, you're doing OK :D

Many thanks for your kind comments. Just got started & really enjoying it. Are you in Victoria, Australia? We have friends in Mount Evelyn & hopeto be coming out again Christmas 2014. Nothing like having Christmas in the summer!

Many thanks again. I saw a video on YouTube which suggested you should always shoot Raw so that is what I do. Mind you I do have Lightroom 5 which came with the camera and still feeling my way around that. Also I am still learning this site as I am trying to reply to all comments but not sure if they are going to the right place...lol...

No-one will be offended if you  don't reply to every single comment! But if you want to reply to several in a particular topic :

1. Click the MultiQuote button beneath each post you want to reply to

2. When you've done, click the button at the bottom which says Reply to x quoted post(s) 

No-one will be offended if you  don't reply to every single comment! But if you want to reply to several in a particular topic :

1. Click the MultiQuote button beneath each post you want to reply to

2. When you've done, click the button at the bottom which says Reply to x quoted post(s) 

Once again my sincere thanks

Archived