Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Watendlath

Black Pearl

With an early start and some excitable driving - I do like the road down Borrowdale - we got to Watendlath just as the sun was coming over the fell tops and lighting the valley sides.

Couldn't have asked for better light:

A bit of HDR - a little OTT but I've had enough fiddling with it so I'm posting it:

The tarn:

i love these, ... if its not considered an insult i would love to do these as jigsaws 

You can. There are various apps around that allow you to turn any image into a jigsaw on your computer. The one I have (Jigsaws Galore) on my Mac gives you complete control over the number of pieces, the variety of shapes, the orientation, even the texture. And there is a satisfying little 'click' when you slot a piece into its correct place!

Here's one I started earlier :D :

post-677-0-98772400-1382711294.jpg

Bill at the start of the week the forecast was for rain, rain and more rain but I checked every few hours and Thursday was meant to be dry (well dry for Cumbria) so I took the chance - couldn't have asked for a better day.

Colin you might be right - I'm still not entirely happy with the shot, still looks a bit too HDR but I'm going to work on other images and come back to it with a fresh outlook.

Colin you might be right - I'm still not entirely happy with the shot, still looks a bit too HDR but I'm going to work on other images and come back to it with a fresh outlook.

I'm not quire sure I understand why we convert to HDR and than do everything we can to make it not look HDR - as though we are ashamed of doing HDR? :hope:

it is well away from the over the top 'look' some HDR have (but even some of those look great) you should be proud of such a wonderfully composed, well taken and processed picture.

For me HDR is exactly that - High (er) Dynamic Range - than could be achieved in a single exposure. If it looks like it has been contrived then I feel it has failed. 

The perfect HDR shot should be one that isn't labeled and isn't commented on as such. The one I have posted fails in that it looks unnatural and looks like I have fiddled with it. 

That is why I wasn't happy and was why I went back to basics and worked a single exposure.

I know what you mean though and the HDR look that is really Tone Mapping and not HDR can be very effective but it just isn't for me.

I'm not quire sure I understand why we convert to HDR and than do everything we can to make it not look HDR - as though we are ashamed of doing HDR? :hope:

it is well away from the over the top 'look' some HDR have (but even some of those look great) you should be proud of such a wonderfully composed, well taken and processed picture.

I think it's as BP says - the OTT look is really tone mapping and not HDR. If some ignorant clown hadn't stolen the term when it actually means simply 'High Dynamic Range' (i.e. compensating for what the eye can see but the camera struggles with), then I'm sure everyone would be happy doing their own thing.

For me HDR is exactly that - High (er) Dynamic Range - than could be achieved in a single exposure. If it looks like it has been contrived then I feel it has failed. 

The perfect HDR shot should be one that isn't labeled and isn't commented on as such. The one I have posted fails in that it looks unnatural and looks like I have fiddled with it. 

That is why I wasn't happy and was why I went back to basics and worked a single exposure.

I know what you mean though and the HDR look that is really Tone Mapping and not HDR can be very effective but it just isn't for me.

Hear hear!

Archived