Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Show us yours....

Your desk that is, Martyn had an Interesting desk that set me off...feel free to add yours to this thread

So I will start this off with mine and will attempt to explain the junk sat on and around it.

Desk.thumb.jpg.c1845ac54222934e5fef77dc7fef353b.jpg

Dads Medals and Cap Badges from his wartime service

Medals.jpg.ffef55c6e5f05b097dde61462aeb560e.jpg

20mm Cannon shell made into a Squadron keepsake,  .303 bullet from the crash site of a Battle Of Britain Hawker Hurricane.

1392185287_20mm_303.jpg.0717c76654a33526b4593313339ab918.jpg

The B-17 Relic

This small part of the control wheel from an American B-17 Flying Fortress that crashed on take off in the village where my Mum lived in Oct 1944

The Pilot, Lt Charles Khurie was Billeted in my Grandmothers House at the time. Part was found by archaeologists.

156951101_TheB-17Relic.jpg.32878832293ac564796695a82cd91220.jpg

Bits found with my Metal Detector or that I have picked up field walking:

1917 dated 18lb shell fuse, and a Lee-Enfield Rifle butt plate  from Arras, France, a couple of Roman brooches, a crotal bell, musket ball and Roman Pottery.

RAF Tea Mug and a NAAFI tea cup both found digging in old dumps on WWII airfields, The'Eight Ball' found in the remains of what was a recreation hut on an old WWII American bomber airfield.

640838092_Metaldetectingfinds.jpg.10067c3ee2edf51950efdba525230ac6.jpg

Model of G/Captain P.E Pickard's FBIV Mosquito that he flew on the famous 'Operation Jericho' raid on the Gestapo Prison in France.

This took place from the airfield just down the road that I do the History for.

Mosquito.jpg

Battle Of Britain Pilot in bronze,and a few RAF bits around it.

Pilot.jpg

Bits and bobs, Sand Rose from the Sahara desert, Alligators head from Florida, bits of driftwood and Fujis hand made spinning top :)

bits & bobs.jpg

Thats mine, whats yours like and what is on it??

Edited by Denis
  • Like 4

I'm so glad that I inspired you Denis, looking at someones desk is a bit like looking inside their head! Here's a couple more of mine; as you can see, my head is disorganised but I think I know where everything is!

DSC_0008.jpg.2c3abdd8a3740853512542da35d7df79.jpg

_DSC4269.jpg.c087466bda67041b83bf7b429fed75d7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use to have a computer room but after spending to much time in there ( I use to build gaming rigs, plus  using photoshop etc  ) so as a compromise with the wife and having had enough of pc’s and laptops becoming powerful enough to run a Lightroom/ photoshop at a decent speed. I sold everything off and brought my first Mac book pro and not looked back. So these days I just use it sitting on the sofa with my feet up or like tonight while processing photos I use the coffee that I made a few weeks back. 

89A3D3BE-577D-4B93-9650-06F6EB9C01FD.jpeg

Edited by vanguard
  • Like 2