Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Truth About the False Widow ( worth a read)

Wouldn't bother me if i had a tarantula in the house, would put it outside like any other spider (well maybe not it might kill it), but if i found a slug in the house (unlikely) i would be outside. Slugphobic! Will handle snakes or anything, revived a Bearded Dragon when it almost died when the heat lamp failed. I put him up my jumper next to my skin to warm him gently. So spiders? Leave em alone!

That said we did have a nest of False Widows in the garden two years ago, we left the old sun parasol on the patio table furled up with the cover over it instead of bringing it in for the winter. When we opened it there were about ten of these spiders up inside the top of the parasol.

All the markings were correct for type,So I folded the parasol carefully and put it in a skip a neighbour had!...... bye bye nest of man eating 'orrids :)

I have a snake worm and slug phobia, but I've handled my son's Iguana when he had it and he was lovely.
People say that snakes and lizards etc all feel the same, but it's the shape of snakes that puts me off.

I really love spiders and have handled a Tarantula which was all furry and cute.
THe man in the pet shop was quite nervous when he got it out for me to hold. lol.

I have a snake worm and slug phobia, but I've handled my son's Iguana when he had it and he was lovely.

People say that snakes and lizards etc all feel the same, but it's the shape of snakes that puts me off.

I really love spiders and have handled a Tarantula which was all furry and cute.

THe man in the pet shop was quite nervous when he got it out for me to hold. lol.

With you on the slug and worm thing, was never bothered until someone chucked a load of slugs on me when a kid and they went down my coat and all over me. Urrrgh snakes? Had one round my neck, they do feel different to lizards but not slimy. 

Same thing happened with me. My brother chucked a worm at me when I was in my bathing costume when I was a kid and it hit me on my back..
My older sister has never let me live it down that I was trying to put a worm in my mouth when I i was about 2 years old.
Between the two of them, is it no wonder I have a phobia.
I did manage to photograph a couple of snakes through the glass at the Butterfly Farm when I first started with digital, but before that, I couldn't go into the snake room at Pet at Home when they sold snakes a good few years back.