Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Little black cloud...

ChrisLumix

Once upon a time there was a little black cloud

Very sad, because he was a little black cloud

(Little black cloud)

All the white clouds called him a coward

Just 'cause he was black

Only white clouds go to the sunshine

Only white clouds stack

When he asked his mama if a little black cloud

(Little black cloud)

Ever had a chance of turning white

His mama said, you silly little cloud

You're a pretty little cloud

You're my little cloud

So please don't ask me why, little cloud

You just ain't white!

post-677-0-99391600-1378655405.jpg

A bit of humour and a nice image. All well and good and I'm all for that, but I have a major problem.......

I read the post, then disappeared upstairs for a shower and a shampoo and what do I find myself doing? Whistling, humming and singing Little White Bull. And I'm not old enough to remember Tommy bloody Steele. Pah!

Korky

Thank you all :) I must confess that when I first saw it, it captured my eye - after all I've seen loads of fluffy little WHITE clouds but never a fluffy little BLACK cloud before! 

(Sounds like instead of apologising to Tommy Steele, I should be apologising to Korky :D And to myself, because ever since I posted it, the bl**dy tune's been stuck in my head too).

He's still performing in Pantomimes too.

I think he would be pleased that his fans of yesteryear still remember him and his songs.

I have to confess that I know this song from Junior Choice in the late 60s! In the 50s I was barely old enough to register TS. 

That's some confession!

I was more an Elvis and Tommy Steele fan, but I liked cliff Richards too. Jerry Lewis's Great Balls of fire, Richie Valance etc. The list could go on because we had the greatest singers those days, and not the rubbish that kids pay for these days.

Can anyone remember Eddie Nelson the Drum soloist and his big hit "Let there be drums" Fantastic drum playing and I still have my original 45" copy.

Those were definitely the days. :guitar:

I will have to through my records as I was sure that it was Eddie Nelson. lol, but you have proved me wrong as it was a very long time ago and there were so many good musicians around then.

I will this when I get home  as I have to watch how many MBs I use with my portable modem as I only had a 3gb allowance and between, myself and the family all being on it last week, I have used more than half so want to last out until I go home.

I'll save the link.

...............we had the greatest singers those days, and not the rubbish that kids pay for these days.

Well, that's it then. You've gone and said it now, Ferret Lady - you are now officially OLD. Before long you'll be going out for a little stroll with Harold and Albert. But.....

Worry ye not........ there's a few of us here. Right, Fooj?

Korky

Thanks, Fuji. A lot of familiar names popped up on there.
I viewed it on my sons wifi..

Well, that's it then. You've gone and said it now, Ferret Lady - you are now officially OLD. Before long you'll be going out for a little stroll with Harold and Albert. But.....

Worry ye not........ there's a few of us here. Right, Fooj?

Korky

I don't care, Chris,  There's not much I can do about it, is there?  :laughing:Except to make the best of it and get on with things.

I think that's why this forum is so good, as there is a mixture of young and old who all e njoy photography.

Archived